Can YOU Spot the flaw in this New Raybestos Performance Rotor?

Glad I spent extra to get the Performance rotor. I bought them 4-5 months ago from Rock Auto, planning ahead to brakes before my state inspection. Looking forward to seeing how an exchange goes. Expect to hear they're not an official vendor and RB won't replace it or that I only had 30 days, but we'll see.

20240324_222604.jpg

The last time someone has a problem with Raybestos, they actually provided good customer service and did replace it :)

Perhaps you could claim it as a warranty. Lifetime warranty covers defects in workmanship, which this clearly is :unsure:

Also, are the inside hats coated on the Raybestos performance rotors?

Good luck!

ALWAYS check parts when they arrive. Been burnt in the past, taking a vehicle apart first, then pulling new part out of box for first time and finding out there's a problem.

Glad I spent extra to get the Performance rotor. I bought them 4-5 months ago from Rock Auto, planning ahead to brakes before my state inspection. Looking forward to seeing how an exchange goes. Expect to hear they're not an official vendor and RB won't replace it or that I only had 30 days, but we'll see.

View attachment 210266
That's a classic. I never seen anything like that on a new rotor.

I'll bet your RA time window has closed.
Pretty sure everything is 30 days for return. My enclosed receipts always say, "Return requests will be accepted until ....." and I thought that was always 30 days.

Also their system will default to whatever warranty was specified, so not sure you can file a warranty claim with RA. But contacting Raybestos directly and/or shaming on social media might work

Back