Camp in Style

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: ls1mike
Originally Posted By: AZjeff
Originally Posted By: Claud
Originally Posted By: jakewells
Camping is using a tent and sleeping out in the wilderness among the wildlife and nature.

Anything more than this is "Glamping".

Claud.

Love how people disparage anything other than their own definition of an activity. If someone doesn't want to sleep in the dirt and cr*p behind a bush so what? The vehicles shown would be more correctly called RVing.

Exactly, I would go as far to say, you have not camped unless you did it on the dirt in a shelter half in the Army. See where I am going with this? I did enough sleeping on the dirt in the Army for my whole family. I enjoy camping with them in my 32 foot, 2 slide out, bunkhouse trailer. We get out in nature, have a camp fire, hike and when done we shower and sleep on a nice mattress.

Good for you and your family. Enjoy your glamping. I'm not dissing making yourself comfortable. When my wife comes to car show weekends we take a travel trailer. Much more comfortable than a tent, but more cost and time to get to the venue.

Claud.

Good for you and your family. Enjoy your glamping. I'm not dissing making yourself comfortable.

Claud.

Sure you are. A guy going out with his trailer and family isn't glamping. It has it's own definition and website.

Glamping is a portmanteau of glamour and camping and describes a style of camping with amenities and, in some cases, resort-style services not usually associated with "traditional" camping. Glamping has become particularly popular with 21st-century tourists seeking the luxuries of hotel accommodation alongside the escapism and adventure recreation of camping.

https://www.glamping.com/what-is-glamping/

Originally Posted By: AZjeff

Good for you and your family. Enjoy your glamping. I'm not dissing making yourself comfortable.

Claud.

Sure you are. A guy going out with his trailer and family isn't glamping. It has it's own definition and website.

Glamping is a portmanteau of glamour and camping and describes a style of camping with amenities and, in some cases, resort-style services not usually associated with "traditional" camping. Glamping has become particularly popular with 21st-century tourists seeking the luxuries of hotel accommodation alongside the escapism and adventure recreation of camping.

https://www.glamping.com/what-is-glamping/

My apologies for having a different opinion.

Claud.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back