Buy at a meat market or grocery store?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: ZZman
We have been buying meat from a meat store for a while now and can definitely tell a quality/taste difference. The prices are often close but sometimes higher but we think they are worth it and the extra trip.

How about you guys?

In Texas … can get decent stuff at HEB … when we want a special cut … have a couple smaller shops who can produce some awesome steaks, sausages, chops, jerky, etc …

Just went to Arnold's Meats today, got some beef and bacon burgers, (20) 1/4 pounders for 16 bucks.
Nothing like that in the grocery store.

I'd "prefer" from the butcher shop, but given my hours, the grocery store is most common. The one I go to does have a decent meat department with items brought in regularly, with some pretty nice cuts.

I like Costco meats. I do grind my own ground sirloin and try to stay away from store bought ground beef. The stuff I grind is awesome. I smoke meats and chicken, salmon, pork and beef on my Traeger all the time. The butcher places have a better variety and are usually timed up better however the cost is more. It is nice to get the person to person sales pitch from a full service meat man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back