bought a beach car

Status
Not open for further replies.
I picked up a used 2004 Saturn L300 (3.0 V6 ) with only 30k miles on it for my son while in college. Very reliable car, but he got hit by a truck after he graduated and started work, and totalled the Saturn. I was really upset because that Saturn L300 was a great deal, and in its entire life it only cost me oil changes and an O2 sensor. I have a full set of aluminum wheels for the Saturn L series if your interested- you pay for shipping and you can have them. Or if you come by Columbia MD come pick them up. I forget the size- whatever was the biggest diameter that came stock with L300.

same as this wheel- https://www.ebay.com/itm/Wheel-Rim-Saturn-L100-L200-L300-LS-LS1-LS2-LW1-LW2-LW200-LW300-L-Series-OE-7016/264585397522?fits=Model%3AL300%7CMake%3ASaturn&epid=24018294381&hash=item3d9a84c512:g:8UsAAOSw7UheDTdD

That kind of deal and story is worth posting !!
Well done and congrats on the home and car.
thumbsup2.gif

Sometimes you're in the right place at the right time.
In this case you clearly were.
Well bought for anything running, driving, reasonable miles and not wrecked or molested.
Good for you!

Follow up...wound up driving the car back to Cincinnati and leaving the old Kia Sportage in FL. Both bumper covers are skinned up (old lady parking challenges) and it could use front struts, but it's clean inside, drives out fine and the a/c will freeze you out.

Sister bought a 2008 Saturn Aura new … they still have it and no issues with that car.

Originally Posted by CincyDavid
We're closing on a house in Port Charlotte FL that will be a getaway for long weekends, etc. .

Whatever deal you got on the real estate is exponentially more important than the deal on the car.

Before we drove back I ran it through the Grease Monkey quick lube place. The manager didn't even try to sell me an air filter, he said everything looked great. Got my oil change and went on my way. Didn't use any oil on the 1000 mile trip home. We decided that the little Kia would be more useful in FL because I have some household projects to do and the CUV would be easier to haul stuff in...like the gas grill I bought within an hour of closing on the house.

By the way, we feel good about the deal on the house too...3 bed, 2 bath ranch, tile roof, caged pool, double lot with tons of palm trees on the "back lot" that goes all the way to the next street. Irrigation system is pumped from a shallow sand point well so my only cost to run the sprinklers is the electricity to run the pump. One owner home built in 1982, and last decorated in 1982 as well, so it's kind of retro-cool. The house came furnished, so we will be able to tackle updates one room at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back