boostmobile celero 5g

i been on boostmobile for a little over a month now and have really been enjoying their network. i use this line of service for my business and decided to upgrade from the tcl flip phone to the celero 5g. 1st off the boost service is excellent in my location of sc i had great 4g lte coverage and now with the celero i am getting the same on 5g. i pay $15/mon for unlimited calls/text 2gb high speed data. the celero is a budget android device but performs very nicely if anyone is in the market for a phone and cell service check out boostmobile and the celero 5g i picked the phone up for $99 at my local walmart.

Dish owned Boost Mobile operates on TMobile network and has a 7 year agreement. Its doesn't have its own network yet.
Dish/Boost intends to be the new 4th cell phone carrier in the USA when it starts and completes building out its 5 g network during that time.
I dont know all the details but I think part of the agreement with the government is by the end of 2023 it has to be proving up to 70% of its own 5g network... not sure of that part, also just recently is signed an agreement to be able to use ATT network in addition to TMobile.

boost-mobile

Dish owned Boost Mobile operates on TMobile network and has a 7 year agreement. Its doesn't have its own network yet.
Dish/Boost intends to be the new 4th cell phone carrier in the USA when it starts and completes building out its 5 g network during that time.
I dont know all the details but I think part of the agreement with the government is by the end of 2023 it has to be proving up to 70% of its own 5g network... not sure of that part, also just recently is signed an agreement to be able to use ATT network in addition to TMobile.

boost-mobile
Yes boost mobile always road off others previously sprint. I been lucky with the T-Mobile network, my personal line is on simple mobile which also rides the T-Mobile network if my iphone XR wasn't locked to TracFone/simple mobile I'd definitely bring my number over to boost mobile I could have 2 lines for $30 taxes included. TracFone wants $250 to buyout my phone.

I'm paying $32 and some change with taxes for the simple mobile line with unlimited talk/text 5gb data vs boost mobile $15 same unlimited talk/text 2gb data. I never come close to my 5gb. The XR is still a very capable device it's worth the 250 you couldn't buy a used one for 250 just have to see the overall $ savings if I paid the 250 for the phone and brought my line over to boost.

Yes, Boast was owned by Sprint, TMobile was forced to sell it in order for the government to allow the Tmobile purchase of Sprint.
I have an iPhone XR, Awesome phone, wife has a 11.
One nice thing about Apple are the phones hold value, even as trade-ins if you dont let them fall to far behind in model years. Over the holidays I could have upgraded to 11 for roughly $250 right from Apple unlocked. But like you said, I rather just put it on ebay, my phone is mint, not a mark on it but Im not selling it anytime soon. I think my next upgrade will be the holidays 2022 and go for a 12 or 13. Heck the XR doing so well I might even hold it longer. Longest I ever owned a phone model, now the XR is 2 years old.

Yes, Boast was owned by Sprint, TMobile was forced to sell it in order for the government to allow the Tmobile purchase of Sprint.
I have an iPhone XR, Awesome phone, wife has a 11.
One nice thing about Apple are the phones hold value, even as trade-ins if you dont let them fall to far behind in model years. Over the holidays I could have upgraded to 11 for roughly $250 right from Apple unlocked. But like you said, I rather just put it on ebay, my phone is mint, not a mark on it but Im not selling it anytime soon. I think my next upgrade will be the holidays 2022 and go for a 12 or 13. Heck the XR doing so well I might even hold it longer. Longest I ever owned a phone model, now the XR is 2 years old.
You could list/sell it on Swappa. I see 10XR going for $255-284

Last edited:
not bad, but what could i buy apple new for $250-285? my phone is mint no scratches or cracks good battery still
If you wanted you could buy an iPhone 11 for that price, directly from APPLE too. They will give you $200 for your phone site unseen.
I seriously thought about it but passing on it, still like my XR. My wife has an 11, yeah, most glaring difference is the camera in low light, nothing short of amazing and if it matters you also have two lens.

Im going to give it one more year and maybe go for the 13 and if not the twelve, If I hold out that long, if I dont then the 11 can be bought from Apple for $299. plus your XR phone.
Or you could buy the 11 for $499 at Apple and sell your phone for closer to $300 on ebay then total cost would be $200 or so.

I always think I am going to hold out, then I see threads like this and gets me wanting to buy something! *LOL* My problem is, Im not as crazy about the 12 just little things but like the colors and the 11 I dont like the colors as much but like the little things more. Its really splitting hairs unless I wait two years and get a 13.
Never worth it to me personally to pay for the current model of any phone and I typically buy the older version even when I bought non iPhones.

Last edited:
If you wanted you could buy an iPhone 11 for that price, directly from APPLE too. They will give you $200 for your phone site unseen.
I seriously thought about it but passing on it, still like my XR. My wife has an 11, yeah, most glaring difference is the camera in low light, nothing short of amazing and if it matters you also have two lens.

Im going to give it one more year and maybe go for the 13 and if not the twelve, If I hold out that long, if I dont then the 11 can be bought from Apple for $299. plus your XR phone.
Or you could buy the 11 for $499 at Apple and sell your phone for closer to $300 on ebay then total cost would be $200 or so.

I always think I am going to hold out, then I see threads like this and gets me wanting to buy something! *LOL* My problem is, Im not as crazy about the 12 just little things but like the colors and the 11 I dont like the colors as much but like the little things more. Its really splitting hairs unless I wait two years and get a 13.
Never worth it to me personally to pay for the current model of any phone and I typically buy the older version even when I bought non iPhones.
Does the 11 have the oled display?

Back