Black Sheep of the Car family

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: JimPghPA
Is that an AMC Matador?

Yes and we had a 74 growing up. One of the first cars I remember. No problems with it. Dad traded it in on an 83 Olds Tornado which was much nicer.

THIS wins the prize of automotive hideousness.
sick.gif
37.gif

I had to drive my parents' 1974 Maverick LDO in high school- a V8 and still a slug. A totally worthless piece of garbage...

I've driven cars worse than the AMC Pacer. I recall it had an unwieldy turning radius, but that's all. I'd put the Chevy Vega and especially the Chevy Chevtte as much worse.
I agree with the poster who said that the Chevy Citation's problem was entirely build quality. In every other respect it was an exceptionally clever design and a clean looking design for the era.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
sick.gif
37.gif

HERESY!!! My 1970 Maverick was an excellent car!

100% Reliable, great gas mileage, decent power - If it wasn't so rusty, I'd still own it.
Try to find a nice one for cheap - it won't happen.

You were obviously very confused...

I fixed it for you!

sick.gif
37.gif

159617.jpg

Haha one of my best friends in high school had a green Maverick. We were going home from school one day and suddenly it felt like we ran over something HUGE! Thought nothing of it and continued on (despite the metallic dragging sound :p). Pulled up in his driveway and the entire exhaust system had fallen off and was dragging behind the car! He gave it one hard kick and the whole thing came off.

That car was SO loud after that,I could hear him start it up up blocks away from my house where he lived,and could hear him getting closer to my place when he'd com pick me up haha!! I can't count times that car had us walking home
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: Linctex
Mine was similar looking to this:

Ford-Maverick-GT-302-v8-By-Marcus-Vinicius-Rezende-12.jpg

His was in NO way as sweet as yours!
cheers3.gif

Originally Posted By: Linctex
You were obviously very confused...

I fixed it for you!

sick.gif
37.gif

159617.jpg

Oh goodness! Is that a Gucci Edition,as in a woman's purse?? Yep,you definitely schooled me on hideousness!
grin.gif

Oh goodness! Is that a Gucci Edition,as in a woman's purse?? Yep,you definitely schooled me on hideousness!
grin.gif

It's.... just...... so...... HIDEOUS!

I almost vomited while posting that!

Originally Posted By: JimPghPA
How about the VW "Thing"?

The Thing was actually a modern version of the Kubelwagen, designed by F. Porsche and built from '40-'45 by VW for the German army. Both were based on the Beetle of the era. It was weird and man did I want one BITD.

Kubelwagen.

Thing.

260815.jpg

The worst of a truck plus the worst of an SUV combined with Chevrolet's poor quality and the tacky gimmickry of modern-day Cadillac.
Throw in a driver who thinks highly of themselves because they bought an expensive vehicle and you've got yourself a real winner.

Oh, and a Florida license plate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back