Black Sheep of the Car family

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Leo99
Friend of mine (RIP) had a Citation. He hated that car. He would leave the keys in the ignition, windows open and the doors unlocked and park it in bad parts of town in the hope it would get stolen. No one would steal it.

Was that the car with the radio mounted sideways?

Yes it did! I installed an aftermarket one and had to turn my head sideways to read the time. Lol!

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
But it could get a citation for driving too slowly.
smile.gif

Or maybe being left abandoned.
wink.gif
Well, I guess they were common enough in the day.

Originally Posted By: AZjeff
And Chevy's darkest hour.. the dustbuster.

One of my neighbors has one of those. Must be one of the last on the road. Everytime I see it I am reminded of when I worked at the smog referee and threw up while driving one on the smog dyno.

As for weird cars, the Chrysler TC by Maserati was always a weird one to me.

Originally Posted By: hemitruck
I still see a fair amount of the Honda elements on the road.

I love mine, even though I admit that it may not be the best looking vehicle on the road...

Originally Posted By: NGRhodes
I give you the Aston Martin Lagonda as a starter.

If wiki is to be trusted, there were only 645 of these made.
It also says the wedge shaped Series 2/3/4 had a 0-60 comparable to a modern Subaru Forester 2.5l NA (8.8 seconds).
The smaller Series 1 (only 7 produced) was at least comparable to my FXT in the 0-60, 6.2 seconds.

Regarding black sheep, I'd say the 924 was a fairly pitiful example of a Porsche.
porsche-normal.jpg

Last edited:
Sometimes when I see a car that looks like zell,,I just want to stick a note on their car that reads,"We will pray for you for a new ride"

Back in the 60s, my Dad brought home a used 62 ford falcon station wagon,,,yeah,,,I needed prayer back then,,,mercy..

Originally Posted By: CourierDriver
Back in the 60s, my Dad brought home a used 62 ford falcon station wagon,,,yeah,,,I needed prayer back then,,,mercy..

My dad was a Rambler fan. Guess that's how I learned to love beaters. LOL.

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL

The Chevrolet Avalanche:
2002_chevrolet_avalanche_crew-cab-pickup_1500_rq_oem_2_500.jpg

I can honestly say I've liked these ever since they came out. If I had to pick, I'd prefer the later model where they did away with those square wheel wells though.

Originally Posted By: Leo99
Originally Posted By: CourierDriver

My dad was a Rambler fan. Guess that's how I learned to love beaters. LOL.

A childhood friend of mines Dad had one,,he would crouch down went they went by,,wow,,the Rambler was a classic for sure,,lol

And Chevy's darkest hour.. the dustbuster.

I kind of like the spaceship styling...and they are much better than what replaced them!

These are hideous from any angle.

Indeed, somebody was on hallucinogenics when they designed that puppy!

These are hideous from any angle.

I always thought they REALLY wanted to name it "The JOKE"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back