F1 news: Aston Martin partners with Valvoline, displays unique livery for British GP

The Aston Martin F1 team, which is sponsored by Saudi Aramco, who also owns Valvoline Global, is partnering with Valvoline for their lubricant supplier. They've also released a one-off livery for this week's race at Silverstone. Looks good, in my opinion. I already loved the green, and I think the changes are subtle but noticeable. LINK

1688566075870.png

I agree. It looks good to me also. Hopefully we will see a good drive from Alonso. I also think the Silverstone livery for McLaren looks good also, but it seems there has been some backlash over it.

The Aston Martin F1 team, which is sponsored by Saudi Aramco, who also owns Valvoline Global, is partnering with Valvoline for their lubricant supplier. They've also released a one-off livery for this week's race at Silverstone. Looks good, in my opinion. I already loved the green, and I think the changes are subtle but noticeable. LINK

View attachment 165056
Way too busy. Looks like a rolling billboard and the graphics detract from the inherently nice lines of the car. The underlying green color looks very nice, I just wish more of it could be seen.

Is the last time we saw Valvoline in F1 when Mario Andretti was driving the John Player Special?

Well what I can say... Valvo is one of my favorite oils.
We have here a south football club sponsored too I think Sevilla.

Way too busy. Looks like a rolling billboard and the graphics detract from the inherently nice lines of the car. The underlying green color looks very nice, I just wish more of it could be seen.
I mean, that's essentially what it's supposed to be as advertisements are how they help pay the bills.

Someone has to pay for the most expensive sport in the world lol I do like the red and blue on top of the engine cover fin.

I mean, that's essentially what it's supposed to be as advertisements are how they help pay the bills.
It's not that I don't know that, but from an aesthetic standpoint, the livery looks poorly planned and designed. The information can be presented in a less cluttered manner, and by so doing the advertisements could be clearer and more easily read.

It's not that I don't know that, but from an aesthetic standpoint, the livery looks poorly planned and designed. The information can be presented in a less cluttered manner, and by so doing the advertisements could be clearer and more easily read.
Gotcha. Well the companies pick the location and the size of the advertisement (and pay accordingly) so they must think that people are looking past the clutter. I just like the green, personally. I'm not even a big Valvoline fan, especially not since they sold out, I just thought it might be of interest to the board.

View attachment 165056
Well, F1 certainly does love the Saudis.

The information can be presented in a less cluttered manner
I thought all the above too and remembered that cropped photos are so often used. You often see only a small section of the car so you'll see only a logo or two.
Also, isn't it funny how often you see pictures reversed so the logos are harder to discern? Ever notice skiers' photos when they're holding their skis beside their heads? The logos are always backwards.

I'm not a huge fan of British racing green and the general livery, which this doesn't really hardly deviate from.
But looks fine to me. And I will be watching.
Global F1 viewership is pretty stout.

The other racing series are mostly worse in terms of 'livery' and/or consistency between team mates and/or from race to race.

It's amazing that the sales/ marketing department employees don't make more money. I've read 120-165k a year. With Fernando Alonso making what $30ish million this year, you'd think they'd be payed better.

It's amazing that the sales/ marketing department employees don't make more money. I've read 120-165k a year. With Fernando Alonso making what $30ish million this year, you'd think they'd be payed better.
I think the cost cap is going to limit the pay of the employees back at the factory, more than the drivers... Its around $145-150M US I believe although there seems to be lots of rules around it(I don't think drivers salaries are completely included?). This is much less than the big teams were spending in past years and a bit more than the small teams were. I think statistically the field spread is shrinking, especially if you look at second drivers in the top half and first drivers in the bottom half of the field. Max is still way ahead though and the Red Bull is unbeatable ATM with him driving.

Back