Best non OEM windshield wiper brand?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

Im wondering what everyone is using for their choice of windshield wiper. Specifically does anyone use anything that cant be bought at a major parts auto store. Im looking for something that would work well in the winter months.

Originally Posted By: skyship
There are 3 good makes of wipers, Bosche, Bosche and Bosche.

Never heard of any of those.

What do you think of Bosch though?

Originally Posted By: FoxS
There are 3 good makes of wipers, Bosche, Bosche and Bosche.

Never heard of any of those.

What do you think of Bosch though?

ROFL

Where do you get Bosche wipers, do they come on the new Porsch?

In my experience the best Windshield wipers are from the dealer or you can try trico exact fit

Last edited:
Winter is brutal on wipers here. The sand, salt and ice does not care how expensive they are, toast after a year no matter what I use. $6 walmart blades work out better for me, just slap on another set and forget about them. Usually every fall just before first snow.

Bosche made in Franc are best!

There, I fixed that for you (or should I say ye?)

PIAA silicone. Have had them on my 3 since 2007. I will never use a regular blade again!

Napa Blades made by Trico. Really a decent blade for the money $6 bucks. I used Bosch blades and there fine also. No blades last me more than a year on my vehicle, they start streaking. The 4 seasons puts the hurt on them.

I like Anco. They are inexpensive and I like seeing clearly so I change yearly just before winter.

I like Anco too.

They have a sister brand in Europe which is highly recommended.

I believe it's called Ancoe

Originally Posted By: K20SiGUY
Hello,

Im wondering what everyone is using for their choice of windshield wiper. Specifically does anyone use anything that cant be bought at a major parts auto store. Im looking for something that would work well in the winter months.

One data point. We have used Mazda OEM wipers, Bosch Icon wipers, Valeo wipers, and Trico NeoForm wipers on our Mazda6. Within that group, the Trico Neoforms have been the best.

Originally Posted By: CharlieJ
PIAA silicone. Have had them on my 3 since 2007. I will never use a regular blade again!

Just out of curiosity(and I am very interested to know
smile.gif
), how does the silicone react when the wiper blade hits a dry spot on the windshield?

I like the idea of silicone wiper blades but, haven't tried'em due to the fact that silicone and dry glass is a battle!

Yes, I realize that I'll be using the wipers in the foul weather but, what about those light rainy days using only the "intermitent wiper" function?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back