Best belt dressing?

The Taurus has a squeaky belt. Put some soap on it last night and it was totally quiet. Now its back a little this morning.

Is there a best belt dressing, or will it always do that until a new Serpentine?

Yeah, that's what I figured. All I've done so far is make a sticky mess.

OK.. Best belt brand, 04 Taurus 3.0 Vulcan?

I stick with gates most of the time for belts, tensioners, water pumps, etc. I did install a Continental Gatorback style belt on my Ranger and it has been great. It was on close out at Rockauto and was super cheap.

Never use belt dressing! Get a new belt :)

Motorcraft is the OEM belt, so no problem using that.

Bando is good, too.

I stick with gates most of the time for belts, tensioners, water pumps, etc. I did install a Continental Gatorback style belt on my Ranger and it has been great. It was on close out at Rockauto and was super cheap.

The Continental Elite was phased out last year, but old stock may still be available. Look up the part number on eBay and look at the pictures.

That said, if you can't find an Elite/Gatorback, there is nothing wrong with the OE Technology Series that replaced it. They are good belts.

One thing I remember about belts.. it's usually EASY to do,?? but there does not seem to be a whole lot of room, the belt seems close to the overflow tank.

Valid complaint or not really?

One thing I remember about belts.. it's usually EASY to do,?? but there does not seem to be a whole lot of room, the belt seems close to the overflow tank.

Valid complaint or not really?
Probably easy with the belt tool since it’s low profile.

I have found that a dab of silicone grease (NOT petroleum) placed every foot or so on the inside of the belt will stop squeaking, usually for a long time. I have done this for a friend who was continually getting squeaking from new belts. After this, no problemo!

After applying, just idle the vehicle for a minute or two to distribute the silicone grease. Don't overapply or you can get slippage.

I have found that a dab of silicone grease (NOT petroleum) placed every foot or so on the inside of the belt will stop squeaking, usually for a long time. I have done this for a friend who was continually getting squeaking from new belts. After this, no problemo!

After applying, just idle the vehicle for a minute or two to distribute the silicone grease. Don't overapply or you can get slippage.

What about White Lithium spray grease?

Silicone grease.. can I get this at Walmart?

Yep to take the tension off of it.

I'm saying. On engines with the belt in the front. I thohght you would take just a standard wrench, move a pulley tensioner, and it would come loose?

The Taurus it looks kinda close to the overflow

You can see some of the soap.

20210104_153945.jpg

I'm saying. On engines with the belt in the front. I thohght you would take just a standard wrench, move a pulley tensioner, and it would come loose?

The Taurus it looks kinda close to the overflow
Oh you could use a regular wrench but the tool makes it much easier because it gives more leverage.

Back