Timing belt pics

Need to order the kit, find spark plugs (which Amazon and several places don’t carry for 02 Accord), serpentine belt, coolant (I recall having to change it out last time when doing belt and water pump, and check to see if I need brake pads too.
Like cptbarkley stated, use the AISIN timing belt kit if you don't use Honda OEM parts. The Gates kits are now garbage, especially the water pump. While the Honda OEM timing belt is made by UNITTA (i.e., Gates Japan factory), the belt that comes in the Gates kit is of lower quality than the OEM UNITTA. The AISIN kit will contain a Mitsuboshi belt (which is OEM on older Honda models), an AISIN water pump & tensioner and Koyo bearings. The parts you need are also available on Amazon, including the spark plugs, but may be less costly on RockAuto.

1706370809168.png

NGK LASER PLATINUM PLUGS
1706370881589.png

NGK COPPER SPARK PLUGS
1706371092007.png

Like cptbarkley stated, use the AISIN timing belt kit if you don't use Honda OEM parts. The Gates kits are now garbage, especially the water pump. While the Honda OEM timing belt is made by UNITTA (i.e., Gates Japan factory), the belt that comes in the Gates kit is of lower quality than the OEM UNITTA. The AISIN kit will contain a Mitsuboshi belt (which is OEM on older Honda models), an AISIN water pump & tensioner and Koyo bearings. The parts you need are also available on Amazon, including the spark plugs, but may be less costly on RockAuto.

View attachment 200397

NGK LASER PLATINUM PLUGS
View attachment 200398

NGK COPPER SPARK PLUGS
View attachment 200399
Only one thing, the timing belt kit is TKH-011, NOT TKH-002. TKH-002 is for the newer Honda/Acuras. The tensioners are different. Weird how they switched tensioner designs. Kinda wonder why Honda did that.

Only one thing, the timing belt kit is TKH-011, NOT TKH-002. TKH-002 is for the newer Honda/Acuras. The tensioners are different. Weird how they switched tensioner designs. Kinda wonder why Honda did that.

You're absolutely correct, the TKH-002 is for the J35 series, but the TKH-011 kit is for the J30 engines. I have read that the older style tensioners are more reliable and can be retrofitted on the J35 engines.

Thanks.

Rockauto still good? My buddy got chicom knock off okug for his V8 Mercedes from rockauto

Partgeek good too? The aisin kit is available at AAP for $170 so I don’t know how much other place carry it since AAP is normally 29% or kore on most things as you pay fir the convenience

Partsgeek is safe to buy from :)

View attachment 200397

NGK LASER PLATINUM PLUGS
View attachment 200398

NGK COPPER SPARK PLUGS
View attachment 200399
Thank you so much to everyone

A few months ago, I bought a Mitsuboshi serpentine belt from either rockauto or parkfeeks for 1/3 the cost thr dealership and HondaPart online. The OEM still looks good for 170k miles and the mechanic said some people never change it and got 250k out of them.

Don’t know where I got the idea that thr Aisin timing belt kit, which includes water pump and all the pulleys and tensioners, is $170 at AAP because I just tried to order one at the store and they want $400 before taxes.

Thanks. Rock Auto has it listed as $268.98. I’ll save the Amazon link as I really like their return process via Kohl even though I only use it less than 2% of the time and only for defects and not due to change of mind.

I was quite $725 for the job by a very reputable mom&pop shop with 3-4 locations locally but that was about 3 years ago before the inflation and general national price gouging going across almost every industry excepted tobacco due to it being a federally regulated item. But I don’t know what kit they would use and thr new price so I’ll buy the best kit and go to a home mechanic I use occasionally.

Amazon appears to have the best current price on the AISIN TKH-011 kit. I found it listed by other sellers but they cost more or were on backorder until April '24.

View attachment 200606
Huh. I think I found the item but my Prime says it cannot confirm it would fit 2002 Accord. And yes, there are other Aisin kits listed for below $200 too. Not sure what I have to do to check exact fit.

Huh. I think I found the item but my Prime says it cannot confirm it would fit 2002 Accord. And yes, there are other Aisin kits listed for below $200 too. Not sure what I have to do to check exact fit.

I put in 2002 Accord EX trim w/3.0 V6 engine and Amazon Prime says it fits (see below). And the listing says from the AISIN store, so it is not counterfeit.

1706475916198.png

PartGeeks has 2 listings for Aisin timing belt kit; one listed for $152 and one for $345. Both have the same pet # and lists all same components.

PartGeeks has 2 listings for Aisin timing belt kit; one listed for $152 and one for $345. Both have the same pet # and lists all same components.

Look at the fitment application. The $152 kit is for the 2.3 liter 4 cylinder Accord, not the 3.0 liter V-6 Accord.

Different part numbers too... W0133-1904035 vs. W0133-1960035.

Thank you so much. I guess Amazon has much better price. Sorry for thr confusion as I did the search via a phone with smaller screen.
Now to derail the thread... Post a pic of the Accord please. Wanna see how its holding up over 220K miles and 22-23 years.

Back