Battle of all " 100% full synthetic media "

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Nyogtha
The Frampion Carquest filters showed Fram can manufacture a non-wire backed media filter with metal end caps that doesn't tear as well, if & when it strikes their fancy.

I never knew those had metal end caps, sucks Carquest moved to Tearolator production now. The OCOD on my 7.3 has metal end caps, not sure if that's just a thing for their heavy duty filters or what? Also has louvers which most Frams don't have, but, unlike some manufacturers that like to leave them closed or hardly open, the louvers on my filter are very wide open.

The Frampion CQ Red were essentially Fram orange can media with metal end caps and Frampion CQ Blue were basically TG media with metal end caps (same efficiency ratings and Engineered For mileage ratings, respectively). BPV in most I've seen are button style with BPV spring below the end cap inside the center tube, one Chapion Labs style, rather than the Fram or Champ Blue Button with the BPV spring external to the end cap & embedded in the leaf retaining spring.

This one has the typical Fram BPV

https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/3928137/Carquest_85085_by_Champ_Labs

This was the original thread with Youtube video starring Jay Buckley that had efficiency ratings and Engineered For ratings as well as cutaway construction details. The video has long since been taken down, wish I would have archived it, but who knew these Frampion filters would have such a short window of being manufactured?

https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/3914123/1

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: Ihatetochangeoil

I'm Amsoil all the way. Too bad the OP doesn't even wish to consider some of the finer products on the market. His loss. ...

He's already using some of the finer products on the market by using a FRAM Ultra full-synthetic oil filter and Mobil 1 oil. So, he's not really experiencing any loss or missing anything other than having to go out of his way to find (order) Amsoil filters and oil.

can you note the ultra on my supercharger whipple terminator cobra ?
ztgh10.jpg

Originally Posted By: Tony10s
Originally Posted By: 2015_PSD
Originally Posted By: Donald
Amsoil EA is full synthetic. It would be my pick every day over a Frame Ultra, especially if you want to extend the OCI.
Extend it for how far? I have no doubt that an Ultra could do a 20 to 25K OCI without breaking a sweat ....

Exactly 2015_PSD ... I'm sure the Amsoil filter is good, but availability is the main problem. There's no need for me to search out their products when the FRAM Ultra oil filter is just as good and I can get the oil and filters I need in stores. I'm not going to order oil filters or oil when there's no need to do that. Plus, I don't buy an oil filter without inspecting it first for defects or damage, and obviously this can't be done when ordering one. Moreover, I choose to support my local stores. Believe it or not, there are still people who care about others keeping their jobs in their local stores.

this is exactly reason why I dont do amsoil or ANY product that must be order online, yes i am looking at you too redline gear oil ( one of my favorite gear oil, but I found mobil 1 or vavoline synpower do the same thing ). I like going to walmart pick my oil turn around pick my oil filter and go home. I can do that 7am, mid night, 4am ,, any time
grin.gif

Last edited:
My Civic picked up a documented 3 to 4 miles per gallon using the newly formulated Amsoil Signature Series 0W-30 oil.

Originally Posted By: harry j
My Civic picked up a documented 3 to 4 miles per gallon using the newly formulated Amsoil Signature Series 0W-30 oil.
crackmeup2.gif
crackmeup2.gif
crackmeup2.gif
crackmeup2.gif
crackmeup2.gif
crackmeup2.gif
crackmeup2.gif
crackmeup2.gif
crackmeup2.gif
crackmeup2.gif
crackmeup2.gif

crackmeup2.gif
crackmeup2.gif
crackmeup2.gif
crackmeup2.gif
crackmeup2.gif
crackmeup2.gif
crackmeup2.gif
crackmeup2.gif
crackmeup2.gif
crackmeup2.gif
crackmeup2.gif

Ya, calling [censored] on that one.

Fram Ultra's are like $5-$6 if you get a pack of 6 on ebay. Tough to beat the quality/features/price there. Not saying its the best, but that price means its a pretty feature packed filter for the price of a standard one. I don't even bother using them out to 60,000 miles like some people. Normal OCI's with the knowledge I can go further.

let stay on oil filter topic. Mobil 1 and PL is best oil

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Originally Posted By: gaijinnv
TRD. 100% synthetic wire-backed media, made in USA, etc.

Only for Toyotas.

Not really ... just need to do the correct cross reference to see if it fits.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
TRD. 100% synthetic wire-backed media, made in USA, etc.

Only for Toyotas.

OK ... I read the title of this thread as, "Battle of ALL 100% full synthetic media."

If your vehicle can't fit a TRD filter, then ignore my post - simple.

HTH

Originally Posted By: Donald
Amsoil EA is full synthetic. It would be my pick every day over a Frame Ultra, especially if you want to extend the OCI.
Extend it for how far? I have no doubt that an Ultra could do a 20 to 25K OCI without breaking a sweat--too bad many here will not do an OCI for half that amount.
I've done it, with an XG3600 on the xB in my sig, two 10K OCIs of M1 5W30 EP. The can would rust out before the media failed.

OK ... I read the title of this thread as, "Battle of ALL 100% full synthetic media."

If your vehicle can't fit a TRD filter, then ignore my post - simple.

HTH

I went to the TRD website to look at the filter. It looks very similar to a Royal Purple filter. If I want a TRD filter for my Buick, all I have to do is get a Royal Purple.
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: MetalSlug
Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson
Fram Tough Guard 99% efficient at 20 microns $6.64 at Walmart. Rated at 10K.

was never big fan of OCOD paper end cap , that what we use to call back then lol, until today I still cant get over it, TG is having same cardboard design, ultra is only fram oil filter I use cause of metal end cap.

I couldn't have stated it better.
thumbsup2.gif

I put a couple of EDELBROCK decals on my 07 F 150's rear window and my trucks engine gained 32 horse power!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back