Autozone Employees

I to this day can't understand how Ford references 3-4 different parts numbers for the same part

You've got the long part number (engineering number?)
XF5Z-12106-AA = DH-3224
You've got the short code (FL400S for example)
And then mix in a service line vs not for warranty line, economy/Omnicraft part just for good measure

Supersessions that don't always line up (but are guaranteed to have a significant price disparity)

How you have the patience for it, I'll never know
Omnicraft we think is going away finally. On the plus side they did a fire sale on the parts and I got hubs for my Silverado for like $9 each lol. I bought 4 in case I ended up with 2 junk ones. Worst case that is right about scrap value for the metal.

It's weird that you say that. I've noticed that the Autozone employees seem significantly less knowledgeable than Advance auto or napa employees. Does Autozone take anyone?
I third this. Of all of the chains Autozone seems to have the least interested. Last year I had my gas cap fail the pressure test for emissions which bothers me as even when I was an emissions Inspector if it didn't set off a check engine light many gas caps failed. The Autozone parts person handed me a new gas cap. I compared it to the one on my neon. It was blatantly wrong. Their response was the computer says it's the right one. I think someone restocked the wrong part. Sure enough the check engine light came on. Advance auto was able to get me a correct gas cap. My only complaint is why there isn't a standard seems odd.

Back