Auto RX test: before pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: panthermike

badtlc, didn't you mention before compression was improved on a 15K engine? I still wonder why the engine was down on compression after 15,000 miles.

Who said compression was down? Compression was well within factory specs. It just improved and stayed at the top end of factory specs. It was about a 2-3psi improvement in all cylinders.

I saw drastic compression improvement on a 96 cavalier 2.2L with about 90k on the Odometer and that cavalier had seen regular OCIs of 3k since new.

And of course, this led to improved MPGs in all 3 cars I have used it in and reduced idle fuel consumption.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Trav
[

Then why are you using a sludge removal product?
If you don't care what the insides look like just use a ring cleaning product,there are some excellent product that do that in 20 min or less.

AutoRX does far more than sludge removal. Again, I use it because it makes measurable improvements in my vehicles, even in new vehicles using synthetic oils.

Originally Posted By: sprintman
Who said anything about Americans? Your post it says a lot more about your own insecurity than anything else. You need to grow up!

You are a total fraud and a hypocrite. Don't tell me to grow up when your only method of argument lately is to question the mental capacity of your critics, especially when you defend a product that says right on the bottle, it CLEANS SLUDGE. YOU SIR are the one that needs to grow up.

Originally Posted By: expat
I'm beginning to wonder if prolonged exposure to Auto Rx can result in dementia.

actually, AutoRX is completely safe. Frank created it because for whatever he was doing, he needed something that was non-hazardous. I guess frank got in some pretty bad health due to the hazardous chemicals he was forced to work with before he developed ARX.

Originally Posted By: expat
I'm beginning to wonder if prolonged exposure to Auto Rx can result in dementia.

Correlation does not equal causation
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: badtlc

Who said compression was down? Compression was well within factory specs. It just improved and stayed at the top end of factory specs. It was about a 2-3psi improvement in all cylinders.

It would be difficult to discern whether 2-3psi in most modern engines would represent anything useful going on at all or simply statistical noise. Figure that for many engines the normal compression is 180-200psi or thereabouts. So that 2-3psi "gain" is likely well within the margin of error for your testing method. Even a small change in ambient temperature could easily skew your result by more than that.

*shrug*

Originally Posted By: panthermike

badtlc, didn't you mention before compression was improved on a 15K engine? I still wonder why the engine was down on compression after 15,000 miles.

I saw drastic compression improvement on a 96 cavalier 2.2L with about 90k on the Odometer and that cavalier had seen regular OCIs of 3k since new.

And of course, this led to improved MPGs in all 3 cars I have used it in and reduced idle fuel consumption.

It is obvious to me that ADMIN did, in fact, come in and delete the two pages forward this page in the thread.

badtlc reinforces information i too have heard and is possible, and i will try it in my car.

sprintman has offered nothing of significance and im happy his certain posts were removed. That sums up the missing pages.

Ad to the A-RX, I was saying that i will be double-dosing my car with SuperTech to get the benefits, and it makes NO difference to me if it makes the inside "Cleaner," More sealed and possible increased compression and cleaner rings, as ive heard of on at least two cars NOT from their site, is enough to make me plink down the $180 on the bottles my car needs for a double dose.

My Oil will likely look like MUD, making me fear for my HG's (Head Gasket) life.. though it passes its tests, ill have to re-do them, nervous until it passes the Pressure Test and "No Bubbles" test, new WP, then im fine.

A failing HG is really the only other thing (besides Sludge in a nasty amount) that can make Oil look that way. One or the other.

MUD, i say. MUD-looking Oil. Much like the pic on the other one, thick, gluggy-draining Oil.. WOW! Changing Filter, for SURE! Maybe even once more!

And No Mos2 until AFTER its done, it makes it run great. No MMO either, except in fuel. And Regane and ZMax in fuel.

Originally Posted By: HangerHarley
No MMO either, except in fuel.

You might want to add MMO for the rinse phase. I've chatted with a few guys over the past few months that reported much better results adding MMO for the rinse phase. I'm not trying to start a flame war here just suggesting what some A-Rx users have discovered, especially in really sludged up engines.

Originally Posted By: Familyguy

It would be difficult to discern whether 2-3psi in most modern engines would represent anything useful going on at all or simply statistical noise. Figure that for many engines the normal compression is 180-200psi or thereabouts. So that 2-3psi "gain" is likely well within the margin of error for your testing method. Even a small change in ambient temperature could easily skew your result by more than that.

*shrug*

There were multiple compression tests taken before and after and averaged. Same with the MPG and GPM (gal per minute) tests. All produced the same results.

*shrug*

There were multiple compression tests taken before and after and averaged. Same with the MPG and GPM (gal per minute) tests. All produced the same results.

1-3psi isn't a significant delta....even if it was shown that you did everything in a reproducible way at the exact same ambient temps, etc. That's, at best, a 1% change from your "baseline"...whatever that was.

Heck, you can put raw egg whites into your engine if that's what floats your boat, but don't preach to me about "improvements" in compression that are statistically insignificant. My compression tester doesn't even resolve down to 1psi. The smallest hash mark is 2psi.

Best,

I tend to agree, gauging compression readings within a range less than +-5-7psi is meaningless, there are just too many variables. Apart from the accuracy of your gauge and how it's inserted, particulate matter in the combustion chamber, engine cranking speed, even ambient temperature, all play a part.

+1 The engine with 15k could still be breaking in and may show a slight increases in compression anyway as the rings seat fully.
Putting whiz bang in a bottle isn't doing anything at all in a new engine.

1-3psi isn't a significant delta....even if it was shown that you did everything in a reproducible way at the exact same ambient temps, etc. That's, at best, a 1% change from your "baseline"...whatever that was.

Heck, you can put raw egg whites into your engine if that's what floats your boat, but don't preach to me about "improvements" in compression that are statistically insignificant. My compression tester doesn't even resolve down to 1psi. The smallest hash mark is 2psi.

Best,

I agree, that is why MPG improvements make it all worth it. That and knowing the rings will never need cleaning make it a home run. I could never justify a full cleaning on a new car but the maintenance dose makes it worry free anyway.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint

You might want to add MMO for the rinse phase. I've chatted with a few guys over the past few months that reported much better results adding MMO for the rinse phase. I'm not trying to start a flame war here just suggesting what some A-Rx users have discovered, especially in really sludged up engines.

demarpaint, my Oil comes out looking like the chocolate syrup. My two-pronged approach is 1) Verify the Head Gasket is OK and i think it is, just "Tested" by a failing Water Pump causing Running Hot but no overheat, and then 2) conclude its Sludge. (Loss of Coolant was due to hole in Expansion Tank and WP Weep, most likely. Running Hot DOESNT mean Blown HG; overheat does.)

Do you refer to MMO in the OIL for "Rinse phase," or MMO in the GAS in Rinse Phase? I was saying Id use MMO AND other things in the GAS (to clean the Injector part of dirty engine) during 1st double dose phase. And of course NO MMO in the Oil at that time, im going to use a THINNER grade. Yea? Nea?

This car is really going to get cleaned up nice. i have a tentative 2011 plan. it is all up to me. -HH

The new oils like PU will keep them clean anyway.I am a little sceptical that a 3oz maintenance dose of genie in a bottle is going to give any significant MPG improvement in any engine.

Originally Posted By: Trav
The new oils like PU will keep them clean anyway.I am a little sceptical that a 3oz maintenance dose of genie in a bottle is going to give any significant MPG improvement in any engine.

Id say ANY new API SM or SN Oil (even RP SJ in its 20W-50) will keep it very very clean! Conventional OR synthetic.

Did demarpaint's post disappear? Am i losing my grip on reality?

Do you mean this one? It's still here.

Do you mean this one? It's still here.

I meant.. WHEN (If??????) I get my car back, i was going to ARX it for Compression and Ring benefits, sludge be [censored] (though i have so much sludge i have Chocolate Oil if its not an HG.)

I was mentioning id use MMO and other stuff in the -GAS- while double dose, SuperTech 10W-40ing ARXing it.. Not in the OIL!

Did you mean MMO in Rinse, AFTER 5000 miles anf filter change at 1500 (?) miles of ARX?

I am losing it. I know it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back