Auto RX test: before pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW the RX bottles are too small at 12oz, should be 160z, and evenh then two should be used. 32oz bottle would be better again but I don't make it. Three bottles as I used recently was a tad 'leaky'. Clean engine, very oiled up driveway.

Originally Posted By: sprintman
And what do you expect to see?

If you cannot see anything with auto-rx, then why should you buy the product. JMO

If i buy carpet shampoo i expect to see visible results.
If the company said "your carpet is clean deep down,don't be concerned if it still looks dirty" i would have to think more than twice about buying it.

Visible results are important.

I need pictures too and i am German.

Last edited:
So you look into your diff to see how diff oil is going? You look into your transmission to get a handle on transmission fluid performance? You look into your radiator to see how coolant is coping? No I think not my friend, oh and I lived in Germany for years.

So you look into your diff to see how diff oil is going? You look into your transmission to get a handle on transmission fluid performance? You look into your radiator to see how coolant is coping? No I think not my friend, oh and I lived in Germany for years.

sprintman- I was not literally asking where your senior engineer was, nor is it relevant to this conversation, but good job dodging the question! So I say again:

Did you already forget that chat you had with your senior engineer about this very subject less than 3 months ago?

Originally Posted By: sprintman 07/23/10 02:51 PM
I get the pictures thing now after a quick chat with my senior engineer. He's an ex American and explained things. All makes sense now I think about it.

sprintman- the picture thing "all made sense" to you less than 3 months ago. Suddenly you're confused again? Please explain.

I sure do look into my radiator,transmission and diff when i change the fluids.
If you lived in Germany you should well understand the American mentality about wanting visual proof.

Germans are much worse,we not only want visual proof but all the data that goes with it i.e. sludge reduced by 2.7 mm in the head area and 3mm in the oil pan,a sludged engine would need to be taken apart by the TUV or Dekra and documented to satisfy most Germans.This can clearly be seen with liqui Moly products.

To late to edit.
Sprintman why do you seem to have a problem with Americans?I have been around American servicemen since i was a child and now live here as well as maintaining my home in Germany,i find them in general to be nice decent folks.

I will have pics to post in the next couple weeks. Just had our 2nd child 10/10, so garage time will be limited for a bit, LOL.

Originally Posted By: cronk
I will have pics to post in the next couple weeks. Just had our 2nd child 10/10, so garage time will be limited for a bit, LOL.

You'll have PLENTY of garage time...usually around 3-5am, though.
smile.gif

Congrats!

Originally Posted By: c3po

If you cannot see anything with auto-rx, then why should you buy the product. JMO

I use it due to measurable improvements in fuel economy and compression. I could care less what the insides look like.

Originally Posted By: badtlc

I use it due to measurable improvements in fuel economy and compression. I could care less what the insides look like.

Then why are you using a sludge removal product?
If you don't care what the insides look like just use a ring cleaning product,there are some excellent product that do that in 20 min or less.

This whole argument of "pictures are an American thing" and "don't worry if you don't see anything" is pure nonsense.
A compression test along with visible results is preferable to blind faith.

Originally Posted By: badtlc

badtlc, didn't you mention before compression was improved on a 15K engine? I still wonder why the engine was down on compression after 15,000 miles.

Originally Posted By: panthermike

badtlc, didn't you mention before compression was improved on a 15K engine?

Maybe he meant AFTER COMPRESSION was improved on a 15K engine.

Quote:
I still wonder why the engine was down on compression after 15,000 miles.

+1

Compression test good, pictures for the mentally challenged.

Good ol sprinty at it again, bashing American's and our intelligence.

Didn't you get a vacation from the board recently for doing that?

You do realize that the way you and the remaining few Auto-RX cheerleaders retaliate against skeptics, is doing your cause infinitely more damage then the fact that Auto-RX won't visibly clean sludge, don't you?

crackmeup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back