Are there still ppl around who refuse to buy used or CPO vehicles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Mr Nice
Originally Posted by supton
I elected to go CPO on my truck: it had 73k on the clock, 3 years old. 7yr/100k warranty thus gave me a 27k/4yr warranty period. I planned on a 10 year ownership and about 10k/year; I planned to pay off in about 3 year's time, around when warranty ran out. Buying CPO lowered the cost (new was $32k and this CPO was $22k) to what I was willing to pay for the vehicle. I had no intentions of driving out to 200k+ nor owning for more than 10 years.
21.gif
It made sense at the time, at least to me, not sure I'll do it again.

I remember you posted a few pictures when you first bought it...

Yep, still have it. Thought a time or two of trading out of it, still haven't figured out quite what I'll replace it with. Part of me wants to just keep it longer than planned.

Been 6 years now, but my miles are bit higher than anticipated, at 76k. But the last couple of years I've driven under target so it might even out.

I would never specifically buy a vehicle because of it's CPO status. I've found it to simply be a marketing ploy.

I've mentioned it on this topic before, but the 2016 Nissan Quest in my sig was CPO. We didn't buy it because of that. It was bought because it was a vehicle we liked at a price I was willing to pay.

The whole Nissan "certified" CPO process was an absolute joke. A 100 or so point check list where every point has to deemed good and be initialed in triplicate and then signed by a tech, a manager and dealer upper management.

I found many items that were simply pencil whipped. Missing spare tire, missing key FOB, missing or broken bits here and there to name a few. They made good on some of the items and gave me some more extended warranty per my request.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back