Any new PYB UOA's? in the new jug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sort of suprises me how much PYB is loved here, but no UOA's on the new and improved formula. Any out there or up and coming?

I think it's a little too soon to be expecting a UOA, considering the new formula just showed up on the shelves a few weeks ago. At the moment I'm honestly more interested in a VOA to see how it compares to past PYB VOAs.

I will be changing the oil in my sons 1991 Honda Civic Si this weekend. I already have some of the new PYB 10w30 in the garage ready to go. I'll be using a PureONE filter and plan to have him run it around 4k. When the time comes I'll send a sample off for a UOA but I won't have anything to contribute until probably August.

I hope we see some UOAs in the coming weeks. I imagine July at the earliest.

I have the 5w30 in my Eclipse right now. 15% MMO added also. I have 1300 miles on it so far and am driving about 300 miles per week. I plan to take a sample for UOA at 6000 miles. Look for my UOA at the end of August.

No offense but your UOA with MMO added is worthless IMO.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: SkyPup
No offense but your UOA with MMO added is worthless IMO.

Not worthless, just not relevant to people looking for the new formula's stand alone performance.

It will show that MMO is either good/eutral or bad as far as wear goes.

Actually, with TWO new ingredients, it will be tough to tell which is good or bad from a UOA.
The MMO will thin the oil a bit, and does some cleaning.

Thanks for giving your opinions. All factors were taken into consideration before I decided to do the UOA. It will still be posted for anyone that might find the information valuable or interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back