Any FWD vehicles with LSD/limited slip?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thx for all the replies, sounds like I need a minivan...

I think I like the 2011+ Sienna FWD V6, ideally Leather, with Tow pkg but without NAV and any extra tech stuff.

Only thing that turns me off is the middle seats apparently have a huge trolley/rail system that is not easily removed or replaced if hauling is needed.
Also center middle seat seems more substantial on the Odyssey.

The Odyssey seems good but VCM is a huge turnoff to me as well as having a timing belt, VCM more so than the TB

Originally Posted By: d00df00d
Originally Posted By: supton
A rear heavy FWD vehicle (wagon, minivan)

Most wagons and I think all minivans are front-heavy, unless loaded heavily...

decent tires are going to go a long ways. Not only that but AWD does tend to bolster's one opinion of the road conditions & encourages driving faster.

thumbsup2.gif

I noticed a significant difference in snowy hill climbing ability going from my iron block atx 1995 Neon sedan with 65/35 weight dist, to the Al block mtx Focus wagon. I can only find corner weights for the ZX-3 hatchback and even it has about 63/37 so I'm guessing the wagon is 60/40 or less.
Anyways snow tires are a must IMO so the wagon is still fine for winter but it does take an extra moment to accelerate on snow compared to the Neon.

Originally Posted By: IndyIan
Originally Posted By: d00df00d
A rear heavy FWD vehicle (wagon, minivan)

Most wagons and I think all minivans are front-heavy, unless loaded heavily...

decent tires are going to go a long ways. Not only that but AWD does tend to bolster's one opinion of the road conditions & encourages driving faster.

thumbsup2.gif

I noticed a significant difference in snowy hill climbing ability going from my iron block atx 1995 Neon sedan with 65/35 weight dist, to the Al block mtx Focus wagon. I can only find corner weights for the ZX-3 hatchback and even it has about 63/37 so I'm guessing the wagon is 60/40 or less.
Anyways snow tires are a must IMO so the wagon is still fine for winter but it does take an extra moment to accelerate on snow compared to the Neon.

Oh, no doubt. Wagons are definitely less front-heavy than sedans in general. That's different from being rear-heavy as supton's post says.

I'll agree with the other about FWD with LSD, had one, WAY to easy to start plowing the front end during snow/icy conditions. Not worth the little bit of extra grab when taking off in a straight line in my opinion. Normal open diff with snows Ive found was way better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back