Another Valuepower battery in...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I must have been the lucky one that bought a Valuepower battery that was bad right off the shelf, started my parents truck barely one time, then after that it would need to jumped, checked the battery voltage and it was at 10.5, returned it and bought an East Penn made battery from fleet farm.

This is my ValuePower alternative...

I've been buying these from Rural King for $49.99, and putting them in everything that it physically will fit into.

Group 78 dual terminal, 650 CCA, 12 month free replacement, and a 60 month pro-rate.

https://www.ruralking.com/rk-battery-650-cca-34-78-dt

And the best part is...it's an Exide (just kidding about the "best" part). We'll see!!!

I put one in my daughters Nissan Rogue last winter. Great deal...good starting power. If it lasts three years I will be happy.

My Valupower group 65 lasted me from June 2017 (with a June 2017 sticker on it) till November 2018. So I got past the warranty period, was hoping to get to the 2 year break even point, but did not.

Replaced it with an Everstart Maxx

Originally Posted by Sayjac
Originally Posted by bbhero
...I put a Valuepower group 24f battery...... It is the 624fmf battery which has 115 minutes of reserve capacity and 650 CCA.....
Just curious, does the topic WM VP 24F list any of those specs on the 'battery itself? I ask because the WM website states "585 CCA". and no reserve capacity listed. Same goes for the actual JCI 24F WM battery sold here.

I understand different manufacturer, but would be surprising to me to have different specs no matter manufacturer. Another member posted an Everstart Maxx Group 35 by EP and it listed exact same battery specs as the JCI Maxx battery.

My information to is actually from Wally World website...

Part number is 624fmf on their site... Has is the 115 minutes of reserve capacity. Also... It says it weighs 41 ozs
lol.gif

Should obviously be 41 pounds...

Add that all together... Plus I weighed my battery and it was indeed 41 pounds..

Also guys if it was the lesser 524fmf battery... It would only weigh 37 pounds....

So based upon all tangible and real evidence...

This battery is in fact the Gold level East Penn group 24fmf battery.

Originally Posted by Sayjac
….If WM Value Power is East Penn. now.....
They are not. All still JCI at WM stores locally, including topic VP 24F which I'm currently running, same battery specs as website listed.

My website has the group number which clearly states it is the 624fmf battery. EP in the sticker...

Clearly the same exact battery.

Walmart website is a bit special... and down right ridiculous at times.

The old VP group 24f battery is not available and out of stock it says in my area.... Yet it remains on the Wally World website...

The second listing shows what I am talking about here... With all the specs...

Last edited:
Originally Posted by hallstevenson
People are only speculating that part "A" and part "B" and "C" are "identical". They probably are but it's still speculation. Reality is - and the I-hate-Walmart crowd won't accept this - is that manufacturers don't go to the trouble of creating "Walmart special" items that are different. From a logistics and supply standpoint, that's just stupid to do. Yes, some suppliers do produce items only for Walmart - different scenario though.

Not speculation when one looks at their own website using the exact same part number 624fmf from East Penn. And it weighs the same weight as the other East Penn battery at 41 pounds. And the reserve capacity of 115 somehow is the exact same has the East Penn 624fmf battery of 115...

It is indeed the same battery has the one at O Reilly's, Napa and the exact same has the one at Federated Auto...

In fact I spoke with a East Penn employee at a local gas station a couple of years ago... He told me the NAPA battery made for them by East Penn was the EXACT same battery has their East Penn battery. Just a different sticker put on them.

Last edited:
First OEM Toyota battery lasted over 8 years. When I replaced it the battery had not failed but winter was coming. I replaced it with a Les Schwab battery that cost as much and lasted 4 years. I went back to another Toyota OEM 84 month battery which is still in the car and doing well. It's been in the car presently for a little over two years and three months. Batteries you get what you pay for. The new OEM battery was $128 installed.

Last edited:
the battery I bought at Walmart had a sticker on it that said Made In Spain.
i bought it last summer.
i think it was an everstart,it wasn't the $50 one.
Ii think i paid about $85.

Disagree....

To a point.... There are times where you actually get a fair amount more then you pay for... Doesn't happen all too often. But it does happen. This battery being one of them... Or getting Mobil Super for 2.35 a five qt container. Or getting Mobil AP for $1 a quart..

And OEM batteries are typically not manufactured by the OEM... They are made by the lowest bidder... And many OEM batteries don't last longer than a aftermarket one. But that is due to lack of charging while being stored and unsold.

...My website has the group number which clearly states it is the 624fmf battery. EP in the sticker...
Not to belabor the point, however you didn't answer my original question. Does the "battery itself" list the same spec information quoted and bolded in the OP? As noted another poster with an EP Maxx Group 35 from the Va. area posted it (as previously liked) has the same specs as the JCI and the WM website I'm seeing.

Only one difference I think is it is 600 CCA list.

But the 115 and 624fmf and 41 pounds are on there... Why the difference with 600 vs all others available at the other places?? Don't know.. but the weight and reserve capacity clearly correlates with the 650 CCA at other places... If it weighed 37 pounds then it would be 550 CCA and 90 minutes of reserve capacity.. aka the 524fmf battery made by EP.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
First OEM Toyota battery lasted over 8 years. When I replaced it the battery had not failed but winter was coming. I replaced it with a Les Schwab battery that cost as much and lasted 4 years. I went back to another Toyota OEM 84 month battery which is still in the car and doing well. It's been in the car presently for a little over two years and three months. Batteries you get what you pay for. The new OEM battery was $128 installed.

So my OEM AGM battery is at 11 years old now according to the date stamp on the terminal post. As I bought the car used over 4 years ago, what does it mean that I got what I paid for? Car was less than 1/3 the price of new. Can't figure out if I got what I paid for as technically I didn't pay anything for the battery or rather the battery came with the car so it was part of the purchase price.

Quite good there wolf
lol.gif

Hey you know what I saw at my Wally world???

A shelf opened up for a AGM group 24f... Price $149 plus tax.. they are not in just yet... But a opening is there for them when they come in. Pretty cool I think.

Hope you are doing good wolf and always good to see you on here.

Another aspect of note...on the https:// battery.parters.east-penn website it shows blank batteries with no stickers on them. Obviously a place to select which battery you could have East Penn manufacture for your business and you provide the label design for it. Just like Napa, O Reilly's and Federated Auto did. This site lists the CCA specs and part numbers for the East Penn batteries made to order from East Penn.

The 624fmf battery is on there obviously and it list the CCAs at 700.. The 724fmf is 800 CCAs. The 524fmf battery is 550. The website is for distributors who want to source their batteries from East Penn manufacturing. It would appear extremely likely that Walmart's in my area and northward utilized this avenue of distribution from East Penn. It makes sense being how close they are to my area, Maryland, NJ, NY and other states in the northeast.

Last edited:
Quite good there wolf
lol.gif

Hey you know what I saw at my Wally world???

A shelf opened up for a AGM group 24f... Price $149 plus tax.. they are not in just yet... But a opening is there for them when they come in. Pretty cool I think.

Hope you are doing good wolf and always good to see you on here.

Let me know if they every do an H8/49 battery. Although $149 for that isn't cheap. Pepboys had an AGM one for $142 at one point with a 4 year warranty which beats Autozone and Advance Auto which only carry a 3 year warranty for about the same price.

True wolf.

I will keep an eye out for that size... My store only had like 4 available sizes for AGM batteries.

Yeah the pep boys JC AGM battery is actually a great deal... 48 month free replacement warranty like you said. I know a 24f size with online coupon was like $140... Quite good like you said.

The local Federated parts store gave me a price of $88 for a group 24 AGM battery that is/was "DEKA" branded. That's East Penn's direct-sale name for their batteries (for those that didn't know).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back