Another Valuepower battery in...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I put a Valuepower group 24f battery in the lady's Camry. It is the 624fmf battery which has 115 minutes of reserve capacity and 650 CCA. At $49 dollars a piece it is a solid buy. This same battery has a longer warranty through Federated Auto and O Reilly's. 2-3 yr free replacement warranty through them. Will take some pictures of it in that ol car later on today.

And now we both have East Penn made Valuepower batteries in our cars.

If it lasts throught the warrenty peroid for $50 it is. These guys seem hit or miss but an "regular" battery is over $100. Sometimes way over.

Originally Posted by bbhero
Well I put a Valuepower group 24f battery in the lady's Camry. It is the 624fmf battery which has 115 minutes of reserve capacity and 650 CCA. At $49 dollars a piece it is a solid buy. This same battery has a longer warranty through Federated Auto and O Reilly's. 2-3 yr free replacement warranty through them. Will take some pictures of it in that ol car later on today.

I think I missed the memo on this one. I just replaced my Corolla's battery with a two-year, 500 CCA group 35 from AAP for $104---after a 25% off coupon code. Where do you get a 650 CCA battery for $49 these days?

Edit: Ok, I googled it and saw it's from Wal-Mart. Shoulda known. I avoid WM if there is a plausible alternative, as I know people who worked there and have heard horror stories. But good to keep in mind going forward. Good luck to OP. Hope it works out.

Last edited:
Good move OP. Something changed in parts store batteries. They got more expensive and the warranty shrunk along with the lifetime. I switched to Centennial from Korea. $59 for my Dodge and $98 for the GM. They still have a 24 mos free replacement then pro rated 72 month warranty. Got 6 years out of the last one.

...I put a Valuepower group 24f battery...... It is the 624fmf battery which has 115 minutes of reserve capacity and 650 CCA.....
Just curious, does the topic WM VP 24F list any of those specs on the 'battery itself? I ask because the WM website states "585 CCA". and no reserve capacity listed. Same goes for the actual JCI 24F WM battery sold here.

I understand different manufacturer, but would be surprising to me to have different specs no matter manufacturer. Another member posted an Everstart Maxx Group 35 by EP and it listed exact same battery specs as the JCI Maxx battery.

Depending on the area, it seems as though Walmart has different suppliers for the "same" basic battery that they label as "ValuePower". Any chance they're listing the lower specs on the website that way you either get the specs listed or better ?

Originally Posted by Lubener
It's a battery, nothing to do back flips over.

I think the purpose of the OP is to tell us of the BARGAIN the Valuepower battery is....

You bought it from Federated Auto or O Reilly's ?

Depending on the area, it seems as though Walmart has different suppliers for the "same" basic battery that they label as "ValuePower". Any chance they're listing the lower specs on the website that way you either get the specs listed or better ?
Sure, anything is possible. Using that as basis though then that could mean the JCI VP has the higher than the topic battery specs or website specs. And as noted, in the noted Everstart Maxx Group 35 by EP example it's not only on the website but on the battery itself. Also why I asked the question.

And 'if' not on the battery, what's the basis to say it's identical to a battery made for another vendor with a better warranty.

People are only speculating that part "A" and part "B" and "C" are "identical". They probably are but it's still speculation. Reality is - and the I-hate-Walmart crowd won't accept this - is that manufacturers don't go to the trouble of creating "Walmart special" items that are different. From a logistics and supply standpoint, that's just stupid to do. Yes, some suppliers do produce items only for Walmart - different scenario though.

If WM Value Power is East Penn. now, I'll be buying them exclusively. Had overpriced JC made AAP & AZ "Gold" ones leak at the posts (even on dual post batteries that NEVER had a clamp on the top post, they still leaked), East Penn ones (mainly Meijer Platinum) ones have been flawless so far.

All of the batteries at the local Walmart (Franklin OH) are Johnson Controls. I suspect Cincinnati market stores are the same.

….If WM Value Power is East Penn. now.....
They are not. All still JCI at WM stores locally, including topic VP 24F which I'm currently running, same battery specs as website listed.

Originally Posted by pbm
Originally Posted by Lubener
It's a battery, nothing to do back flips over.

I think the purpose of the OP is to tell us of the BARGAIN the Valuepower battery is....

Or the point is to track how good the Valuepower battery is. I think a few people have mentioned that they tried them. So far it seems like they might last as long as a regular battery, they're just cheaper because they have a short warranty. If they had one in my size I'd give it a shot, but they're not in AGM and they have a limited number of sizes.

When was the last time I bought a 50$ battery? Early 70s ? 24 is the case size? I wonder if there is a weight difference between a VC and a top of the line size 24?

I have two years on the one I installed in the 99 MGM. Starting in on year three this month as it was installed 12/2016.

...Or the point is to track how good the Valuepower battery is. I think a few people have mentioned that they tried them. So far it seems like they might last as long as a regular battery, they're just cheaper because they have a short warranty..
The couple/few anecdotes I've seen posted, one fairly recently, didn't make it two years. I'm currently at ~18 months with VP 24F so I'll see. Two years would be ok with me.

I'd add that if the OP is correct and the topic EP VP 24F is 'identical' to the EP O'R 24RPRM 2 year warranty battery with the specs quoted, currently O'R priced at ~$130, then that would make it one heck of a deal. That said, besides manufacturer, 'iirc' as discussed before the weight of the battery was the main known similarity. If the topic battery has the same specs listed on it, then 'I' would be more inclined to think it could be. Thus the question to the OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back