Walmart & batteries

Never talked to anyone when buying a battery at Walmart. Go to the shelf, look for date stickers, find newest, test voltage, grab best one, go to self checkout and check myself out, it guides you through the warranty registration at the register.
Sounds like a load of poo to me.
Same here. I've bought several batteries from WM over the years. I already know what group I need and just pick one right off the shelf and give them the old one. Not once has anyone ever questioned me about anything.

Put a Maxx in my daughter's Yaris about a year ago.

Screenshot_2019-11-09-13-08-28.png

This has been a pet peeve of mine for years.
Distressingly, I recently saw it misused on a mainstream cable news website headline.
"Jive" was once a euphemism for marijuana.

Its meaning has been misused so much, it now means that. Nothing can be done, the battle is lost.

Same thing happened to forte’s pronunciation - it’s pronounced “fort”, but everyone has said it incorrectly for so long (“four-tay”), that’s now how to pronounce it.

😕

Its meaning has been misused so much, it now means that. Nothing can be done, the battle is lost.

Same thing happened to forte’s pronunciation - it’s pronounced “fort”, but everyone has said it incorrectly for so long (“four-tay”), that’s now how to pronounce it.

😕
Probably because it is pronounced for-tay in Spanish and Italian. FWIW

Johnson Controls (JCI) sold their battery business some time ago...perhaps Clarios (the people who bought Johnson Controls)...

Bill

About a week ago and mainly out of curiosity, I walked past the automotive section at the nearest WM store. I had previously read in the news that they had closed all the TLE departments nationwide, but it looked like this was back to being open.
I noticed that they had taken away all of their $49 (or did the price now go up?) batteries and they were no longer stocked anywhere in the store.

It was as recently as last summer I got a $49 ($48!) battery from local WM. It was in the car when the car died just before New Years after a major service .

Did not have any issyes with the battery.

I do not know but, if cost was the driver as Walmart is good at, almost guaranteed it was some kind of Mexico Exide unit, made on the cheaper side as to materials. But I kept it 100% charged and it never had an issue, even in the cold..

EDIT: My present battery is from Clarios.

It was as recently as last summer I got a $49 ($48!) battery from local WM. It was in the car when the car died just before New Years after a major service .

Did not have any issyes with the battery.

I do not know but, if cost was the driver as Walmart is good at, almost guaranteed it was some kind of Mexico Exide unit, made on the cheaper side as to materials. But I kept it 100% charged and it never had an issue, even in the cold..

EDIT: My present battery is from Clarios.

That and probably the 1 year warranty so it can basically eliminate the warranty returns within the regular 3 year ones.

Back