Amsoil oil filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, I don't know for sure. I think the latest talk was at least some were made by Wix.

At any rate, those are very good, very expensive filters. I you are going with OE and sticking to a manufacturers OCI you may want to look at using a regular filter. Amsoil also sells Wix filters which should fit the bill perfectly.

Originally Posted By: Dually
I"m going to try Amsoil OEM motor oil 5W-20 and I would like to know who makes Amsoil oil filters?Thanks Joe

I believe Champion Labs, but who cares. They are made to Amsoil specs, potentially using Amsoil patents and Amsoil stands behind them.

With 6k OCI, change the AmsOil Ea filter only every other oil change. Under "normal" conditons, it is good for up to 25k miles.

Originally Posted By: Dually
I"m going to try Amsoil OEM motor oil 5W-20 and I would like to know who makes Amsoil oil filters?Thanks Joe

Amsoil has various manufacturers make their filters. Last count 4, Donaldson, Hastings/Baldwin, Champion, and Wix. Less and less Wix as of lately.

Yes the filter media is from Donaldson.

Originally Posted By: harry j
Pablo, is there a synthetic filter that cross references to the cancelled AEO36?

Eao36? Not that I know of.

They all have the exceptional Donaldson SYNTEQ media in them, regardless of who assembles the can. And that's the important part
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: harry j
is there a synthetic filter that cross references to the cancelled AEO36?

EAO36 - oversized EAO20 (EA15k20):
Mobil M1-401, KN HP-4001 (made in USA), PL30165/PSL30165

Last edited:
You have nothing worry about with amsoil eao filters, they have best filtration of any full flow I've seen based on all my research. Fram ultras are also almost as good and more available.

Last edited:
If it matters, according to their published ISO 4548-12 efficiency rating, the Ultra bests the Amsoil Ea oil filter line. Ultra 99+>20um vs 98.7@20um. Looking for ultimate efficiency either will work fine. That said, price and availability favor the Ultra.

As for who makes Amsoil Ea filters currently, while may find some exceptions most posted here are made by Champ(fram). Look very similar to RP filters, made by same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back