A White Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: bigj_16
Watching "White Christmas" on AMC right now.

You're gonna put your eye out with that, kid!
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: Delta
There calling for less than an inch around here tonight. Just enough to make it pretty and the roads messy, but not hazardous.

I'll trade ya Adam. Coming down here furiously in Treasure Lake and to get 3-6" by morning
smile.gif

It start to come down here about two hours ago. Light snowfall so far with 1” on the ground. I hope to take the CX-5 out in the morning and see how she handles.

Originally Posted By: ZZman
White here in Michigan

And getting whit-er. Snow started here before noon and already have a couple inches. 7-9” total predicted before tomorrow night.

We received about 2" so far in eastern IOWEGIA and the temp is dropping like a rock. Now 8F and supposed to go down to 0F tomorrow night.

I just had a good chuckle. The NWS has put out a Winter Weather Advisory. We might get up to 2 inches overnight.

I remember the blizzard of 92. It started out just like this. Already people are lining up at the big box stores buying snow shovels and at the tire centers getting winter tire or studs or even chains. A classic Seattle Pavlovian response to the ground turning white.

Even just 1 inch of wet snow (ie, snowing at 30~33 F) can cause lots of havoc. As soon as it's packed down by a little bit of traffic it basically turns to wet ice.

I've driven in very cold & dry snow, and the traction it pretty amazing with good winter tires.

Wet compacted snow (turned to ice) is a whole different story. That's the main reason 1 inch of snow in Seattle can be so bad.

Still dark here. The authorities are telling folks to stay off the roads.

Last edited:
We got a white Christmas. Started snowing last night and we got about 2 inches. We had our white Christmas, now it can warm up again...

Last edited:
No new snow yesterday, but the car rode like a stage coach driving home after sitting nearly six hours at –29C/–20F.

I couldn't plug in the block heater, but the engine fired up on the third revolution of the starter (M1 5W-30.)

That looks like about 5 inches of snow there Pablo... Pretty cool indeed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back