A White Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
The good thing about all that snow is that you don't have to go to work and get to stay home sipping hot chocolate cocoa by the fire place.

We don't have that down here.

As long as you don't have to work on Christmas!

Have some yule, some Yuengling if that's your thing, and some good cheer.

Merry Christmas!

Looks like a white Christmas in the Motor City area.
thumbsup2.gif

http://www.intellicast.com/National/Radar/Current.aspx?location=USOH0245&animate=true

Seattle area snow is absolutely the most dangerous type of snow to drive on. Its the slickest substance known to man. Especially once driven on and packed some. It has the perfect high moisture content to make it extremely slick. Combine that with inexperienced snow drivers and you get the picture.

We get some rare super slick ice. This year we have combos of pretty darn cold, clear and sunny (yesterday was AMAZING). Today, ice fog. Streets are fine. Then in two weeks warm rain!

For snow, need the correct combination. About every 15 years we get a large dump, some winters no snow, most just a little here and there. No school, no work, no stress.

Originally Posted By: PimTac
I’m sure school closures will be next all because of 1” of snow.

They aren't closed anyway for the holiday?

Originally Posted By: eljefino

Yep.
wink.gif

Although I've been kinda sad at how fast they have been canceling school here. We've had I think 5 days missed so far this winter--and none were IN winter! But it's a large school district and the road conditions can be dreadful, and I wouldn't know on my end of town.

We've had days canceled in the past just due to cold. Can't have the kids dressing for the weather I guess.
21.gif

^ you think that's bad, if it's below 20'F they cancel recess... in Maine... because some poor kids don't have coats.

You'd think they could whip/shame the parents or just have a charity coat drive.

Originally Posted By: Blaze
Seattle area snow is absolutely the most dangerous type of snow to drive on. Its the slickest substance known to man. Especially once driven on and packed some. It has the perfect high moisture content to make it extremely slick. Combine that with inexperienced snow drivers and you get the picture.

Yes and a lot of the drivers here are from Crazifornia and their idea of driving on snow is driving faster to get out of it!

Originally Posted By: Blaze

You’re right. Here we call it Cascade Concrete.

Originally Posted By: eljefino

Hey you’re right. Lucky kids these days have more days off than we ever had. Of course, I walked six blocks to school no matter the weather. No buses in my time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back