2nd Kreen Cleaning -- 98 Camry V6 -- Results

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have 6 oil changes shown on that report between 196-233K That is average of 6K miles. Isn't that pretty much normal even on regular oil? You are using synthetic. Why do you need UOA to tell you that 6K miles of OCI is alright?

You have 98 Camry with 233K miles on it. What exactly do you mean by "dump it"? Do you expect to trade it in at dealer or do you think would you sell it to an "unsuspecting" buyer if the copper lead goes up on the next UOA? You are not of that type! This is an auction/wholesale car. We all know that you are going to drive it until the wheels fall off!

You don't have to justify your UOA to me or to anybody. It is your money. Call it a hobby, very cheap when compared to wine and women and I will not ask any further questions!

You're right, I don't have to prove myself to anyone regarding my choice to do UOAs on this or any other vehicle. Money is not a big deal because I write off the cost of the oil changes and UOAs anyway as this is mostly a work vehicle.

Your average of oil changes is wrong as I didn't do any UOAs for the last 20k miles due to the cleaning experiments, which I'm also doing just for the heck of it (for BITOG?)

I want to run the car until 300k and then simply sell it and move on to a Lexus CT200h Hybrid, although I've been getting an itch to get it lately and might just trade cars sooner rather then later.

I'll get more for the Camry via a private sale, so I'll sell the car for what it's worth when I'm ready, good or bad bearings, I don't care.
35.gif
she's been good to me for the last 15 years

Originally Posted By: Trav
certainly wont be running out to buy any of this new plus stuff. I'm hundreds out of pocket already on the original which failed in 100% of the engines i tried it on.
Although i may buy one bottle to do a test and post it here on BITOG if i can find a suitable candidate.

Kreen on the other other hand resolved the problems i looking to address in a solid 95% of the cases for less than half the price.

Absolutely mirrors my experience here. While practically everything I own is a V8, I still believe that kreen is an effective cleaner.

Artem does not represent any group, just himself. His experience is not necessarily applicable to anyone else, but I deeply appreciate his efforts to inform us.

I don't understand how Kreen could be effective in your V8s but not my V6 but ok... Whatever you say.

I figured that if a cleaner is truly effective then it will work in a 4 banger, V6, V8 even the Bugatti's V16!

I don't buy the whole "it doesn't work for everyone, in every application bogus nonesense".

Originally Posted By: Artem
I don't understand how Kreen could be effective in your V8s but not my V6 but ok... Whatever you say.

I figured that if a cleaner is truly effective then it will work in a 4 banger, V6, V8 even the Bugatti's V16!

I don't buy the whole "it doesn't work for everyone, in every application bogus nonesense".

If it's designed to clean (as in the case of a solvent like Kreen) and you've got cylinder wall scoring, a cracked ring, clogged piston oil return hole (no oil flow means no solvent flow, thus no cleaning), or something else that won't be fixed by cleaning, you've got one of those applications where it won't work, bogus as you may consider that to be. Sometimes you actually have to open it up!

You are entitled to your opinion and I would defend your right to state it here.

But as I said before I have used it in literally a dozen different vehicles with near dramatic to virtually unbelievable results. One 6.0 V8 very high mileage engine went from rattly startup to like new quiet in one day!

You are not required to believe it or endorse it. I use kreen for my own reasons, and am really happy I discovered it. I order it by the gallon and hope to always have a can on the shelf!!!

YMMV!!!

Simple if the varnish is in the pores of the aluminum its probably not coming out with a solvent regardless of who made the product.
I have pulled engines apart because nothing in a bottle or can could clean them including Kreen and multiple ARX doses.

These were really dirty not just a varnish stain.
No need to to be angry at the product just get your money back and move on.
You wont have to discuss your problem on a forum or with a Mickey Mouse technical helper that doesn't know the right end of a screwdriver.

Simple if the varnish is in the pores of the aluminum its probably not coming out with a solvent regardless of who made the product.
I have pulled engines apart because nothing in a bottle or can could clean them including Kreen and multiple ARX doses.

These were really dirty not just a varnish stain.
No need to to be angry at the product just get your money back and move on.
You wont have to discuss your problem on a forum or with a Mickey Mouse technical helper that doesn't know the right end of a screwdriver.

Do explain how I go about trying to get my money back for the Kreen, which didn't seem to do much in my particular situation...?

Hard to argue with a money back guarantee that actually is a money back guarantee. Not all products have such money back guarantees even if they are supposed to have such guarantees.

Call them and say it didn't work and i want my money back.
Originally Posted By: Mystic
Hard to argue with a money back guarantee that actually is a money back guarantee. Not all products have such money back guarantees even if they are supposed to have such guarantees.

Good luck trying to get in touch with Lucas about "Money Back Guarantee" with their power steering stop leak that didn't work !

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
Call them and say it didn't work and i want my money back.
Originally Posted By: Mystic

Good luck trying to get in touch with Lucas about "Money Back Guarantee" with their power steering stop leak that didn't work !

Hmmm... I had the complete opposite results in my Camry. It had a BAD power steering leak to the point that we were going to dish out $1,200 for a replacement until I figured that I'd try the Lucas stop leak. It literally stopped the leak within a few hundred miles and my driveway has been clean for YEARS and close to 60-70k miles now (still on the original power steering fluid from 1998!)

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
Good point Trav. As I understand it Kano will quickly refund your money if you don't like the results.

I've contacted Kano Labs in regards to the refund for the 2 out of 4 quarts that I ordered / used (sold the leftover 2 quarts I had). I got a response today stating that they will refund the purchase amount for the two quarts I used. I'll wait until I see the credit on my credit card before celebrating a bit for at least getting my money back for a product that didn't deliver.

As a side note, I've now started the cleaning phase with the all new and improved Auto-RX PLUS. I've heard some good stuff about it and I (as well as a bunch of other folks) hope that it delivers are advertised and cleans the block to my satisfaction. I'll post the results after the cleaning phase is done as well as after the recommended rinse phase.

~Artem

Originally Posted By: Artem
Good point Trav. As I understand it Kano will quickly refund your money if you don't like the results.

I've contacted Kano Labs in regards to the refund for the 2 out of 4 quarts that I ordered / used (sold the leftover 2 quarts I had). I got a response today stating that they will refund the purchase amount for the two quarts I used. I'll wait until I see the credit on my credit card before celebrating a bit for at least getting my money back for a product that didn't deliver.

~Artem

I believe they will refund your money just as they stated, no hassle, no questions asked. If you were going to get any flack they would have given it to you when you called and asked for your money back.

With all the cleaners you've had through that engine I would expect you'll see good results with anything you add to clean it up going forward.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint

With all the cleaners you've had through that engine I would expect you'll see good results with anything you add to clean it up going forward.

This is an interesting point that I believe Trav brought up a while ago. You can't help but imagine that now that all the previous entries have "softened up" that pesky goo it will come off a bit easier...

This is an interesting point that I believe Trav brought up a while ago. You can't help but imagine that now that all the previous entries have "softened up" that pesky goo it will come off a bit easier...

For sure! I would have loved to see what a drop of carb cleaner as Trav suggested would have done.

Guys come on, lets be realistic here... With the all cleaners that have been through the engine (3x doses of Amsoil's Engine Flush, 2x doses of Auto-RX, and lets not forget the famous PYB that has been flowing through the block for the past 30k miles) with minimal results, I thought that the highly regarded Kreen would COMPLETELY REMOVE the supposedly "softened" goo. A second dose of Kreen didn't do much either!

With the all too powerful Kreen barely putting a dent in the build up, it's obvious that a BETTER cleaner is needed to finish the job that others have FAILED to do.

and just an FYI, the goo has been soft this entire time. I poked at it with a screw driver @ 195k when I first pulled the valve cover and poked at it @ 233k when I last pulled the cover, it felt the same (can easily come right off. It's not rock solid, it never was!) I have no doubt in my mind that a squirt of carb cleaner would MELT that junk right off in seconds and I'm going to prove it by pulling the valve cover off once again to take more pictures for my BEFORE ARX+ testing, just to make sure that the recent 200 mile flush with fresh PYB post Kreen didn't magically scrub anything clean prior to ARX+ going in, and I'll spray an area with carb cleaner and show you guys the results... Stay tuned.

Doesn't matter. If ARX+ does the job, the claim will be made that it stole the win.

Just like it was made when I stated the ARX worked when MMO failed..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back