2025 Chevrolet Equinox

Wider than previous gen. 1.5 Turbo 4. 175 HP. CVT on FWD. 8-speed auto on AWD - plus extra torque.

ACTIV, LT and RS trims

IMG_6128.jpeg

IMG_6132.jpeg

IMG_6129.jpeg

IMG_6131.jpeg

IMG_6130.jpeg

I'm digging it.. This is the three cylinder turbo I think? This will serve a lower cost point for the new car buyers.

FYI, I am not sure if GM is supplying the CVT or not, but there seems to be a pattern here with the GM crossover and SUVs that offer AWD. I believe the Trailblazer and Trax have the same relative offering. If you get the AWD model, then you get a conventional transmission vs the CVT with the FWD model.

FYI, I am not sure if GM is supplying the CVT or not, but there seems to be a pattern here with the GM crossover and SUVs that offer AWD. I believe the Trailblazer and Trax have the same relative offering. If you get the AWD model, then you get a conventional transmission vs the CVT with the FWD model.
I wonder too why they are doing the FWD/CVT and AWD/AT combo across multiple models. Packaging differences? Reliability? A subtle upsell to AWD for those that don’t trust CVTs?

Jatco (aka Nissan) provides the current/ past GM CVT's. No idea going forward?

I'm digging it.. This is the three cylinder turbo I think? This will serve a lower cost point for the new car buyers.

The only reference I could find was the Raiti’s Rides video above. He claims it’s a 4-cylinder.

Based on the published bore and stroke of 74 x 86.6mm it should make it a 4-cylinder though.

Back