2020 Chevy HD Pickup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by AZjeff
Originally Posted by Zee09
It's a work horse not a pageant queen.

And you don't see the front while driving but for $60K + you should at least be able to stand to look at it. The big chrome bar above the lights isn't anything like the '60s trucks.

The majority of these trucks are not going to end up as workhorses..

It doesn't bother me at all. Just as you said. The complainers are cruisers and not users.
I'm not a GM truck buyer but driving this wouldn't bother me a bit . If it performs like crap, that would bother me.

Originally Posted by AZjeff
It's a work horse not a pageant queen.

And you don't see the front while driving but for $60K + you should at least be able to stand to look at it. The big chrome bar above the lights isn't anything like the '60s trucks.

The majority of these trucks are not going to end up as workhorses..

It doesn't bother me at all. Just as you said. The complainers are cruisers and not users.
I'm not a GM truck buyer but driving this wouldn't bother me a bit . If it performs like crap, that would bother me.

Styling is subjective. The majority of comments I've read regarding the looks are not flattering, here and elsewhere. If it's a step above or at least finally on par with the max. tow rating of the competition, and I were looking for a truck, I'd still consider it.

What determines a cruiser and a user? I use my truck almost exclusively for towing. But that's towing for recreational purposes.

The poster suggested those who never tow or haul with a pu. Would not be happy with the looks.
But like you, those who use it as a real tool are less likely to buy on looks. We usually buy on function and capacity
etc.

High Country trim

85CEDECF-0E7B-4775-B6A1-D7F2A87D626C.jpeg

5D3616A3-E8D7-43EC-9789-1239852DF1F1.jpeg

I have yet to see an image from the passenger side. I wonder if that means it still has the DEF tank hanging down under the front passenger door like a poorly designed afterthought?

It looks okay to me.
Every time I shop GM trucks I get sticker shock.
My local Ford dealer has about 100 trucks on the lot and much better pricing and so I buy Ford usually.

Originally Posted by GMBoy
Ugly. It is even uglier than the new F250's. Ram sales should go up even more.

In this segment Ram already outsales GM.

Had a quick read of this oil related piece ... but what else caught my eye was all the car/truck reviews ... note how the theme is also ugly on this truck ... but don't tell me some that they love are attractive to all ... this is not just GM ... I think they have messed up the Lexus and several others ... I just rented a Toyota for a 90 mile trip ... Nothing attractive anywhere on that popular car ... Guess taste is changing ... Just look at all the "cordless toasters" on the road ... (painted chartreuse)

http://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/owne...l-can-be-just-fine/ar-BBQAzis?ocid=ientp

Originally Posted by mrsilv04
Originally Posted by maxdustington
Dmax is not competitive anymore.

The Duramax didn't have 2 generations of duds, like one of the other manufacturers did.

lol.gif
lol.gif

Originally Posted by Buzzinhalfdozen

This thing is REALLY tough to look at. GM used to have the cleeeeeeaaaanest trucks in the business. The 1998ish model being the Pinnacle of their styling. Everything after always looks sort of confused.

This model just looks like it's lost in the woods and known it's going to have to resort to covering itself with it's own excrement to stay warm.

Did they resurrect the Aztek design team to pen a truck?

Originally Posted by FlyNavyP3
Originally Posted by maxdustington
Dmax is not competitive anymore. They need to move on from it or redesign it. It debuted in 01 right? That was seventeen years ago, it's like the SBC of diesel engines!

It looks like they took the tailgate trim from a GMT400 and slapped it on the front. I really wish they would go retro instead of trying to make the biggest looking truck.

Duramax is tried, tested, proven and refined... this is a ludicrous statement that it's been the same since 2001. It's been revamped, refined and improved several times since 2001. The L5P shares almost nothing with the original anymore save for the basic architecture displacement and name.

This statement is akin to saying the Cummins in a Dodge/Ram is the same engine since 1989 because they're both inline 6 engines made by the same manufacturer.

Such things are a comfort in the commercial world, when a manufacturer gets it right. "Old as Methuselah but still works great" is a huge selling point. I'd bet a good dollar you could sell commercial equipment that is proven by putting "We didn't change ****!" on the cover of the brochure.

Originally Posted by DoubleWasp
The 1998ish model being the Pinnacle of their styling. Everything after always looks sort of confused.

That's pretty much it. Even the interiors went down the tubes in quality after that.

Originally Posted by DoubleWasp
Originally Posted by Buzzinhalfdozen

This thing is REALLY tough to look at. GM used to have the cleeeeeeaaaanest trucks in the business. The 1998ish model being the Pinnacle of their styling.

Agreed. I saw a clean (probably low mileage) example of one of those the other day and it still looked sharp despite being over 20 years old.

I don't mine the side profile but that front is a bit much. Perhaps it will grow on me so time will tell. I didn't like the new 19 Ram 1500's at first but they a really catching my eye these days.

I am so disappointed someone in a meeting didn't standup and say "This is disgusting, I quit" I so wanted to upgrade to a 2020 for the new 6.6 gasser.
I am generally a drivetrain guy, but I can't get passed this one. I guess my 02 stays. By 2025 it should have 80,000 miles on it.

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by sopususer
I'm a GM truck guy and with that being said, there's one good thing about this design.

If someone does buy one of these as a work truck, that first dent may be an improvement on the looks.
I'd say it was a face that only a mother could love, but surely this thing's momma is in jail for child abuse. Whew!

Yep. I think this thing's momma beat it with an ugly stick and made it *****.
Now she's in jail for child abuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back