2018 VW tuned Golf Sportwagen track use 69.5K/3.9K OCI Liquimoly Molygen 5W40 + MoS2

TiGeo

$50 site donor 2024
Was excited to see this one. Changed my oil/pulled sample after a 2-day track weekend that included about 2.5 hours off track time at VIR in VA. I also had a long ~1K mi road trip for a car rally on this oil and that included some flogging as well. I saw no oil consumption worth mentioning. Lots of triple digit speeds. Cool ambients so oil temps (when I looked) were around 230 deg F. I added a can of MoS2 with the Molygen for the hell of it. Good to see the Fe drop back to single digit values this change...I think the increase from the new turbo is finally "washed out" at this point. The comments about Pb are likely spot-on, I ran some fuel from the track (100 octane) during the event. Beyond the large % drop when I used M1 0W40, this is the highest drop I've seen and is likely fuel-related would be my take. Looks similar to the UOAs I saw last year for the same event (48/52K mi data) and same oil.

OilReports-page-001 (2).jpg
Capture.JPG
Capture2.JPG
Capture3.JPG

Last edited:
Sadly BS doesn't check for tungsten (W). Pb certainly is from race fuel
as VW doesn't use lead bearings for a long time and Cu is at just 1 ppm.

Sadly BS doesn't check for tungsten (W). Pb certainly is from race fuel
as VW doesn't use lead bearings for a long time and Cu is at just 1 ppm.
I paid on my VOA for the Molygen to have it run for W - I have those data. It was 149ppm.

No - heard folks here talk about it a lot. What would it do for me?
I'm not an additive person usually but I think it is superior to most out there like LM products etc.

I now use it in about everything I own and after break in I'm going to put it in my Arteon. Worth a try.

And maybe I got that drop in Fe from the MoS2...hahahahhahaah

In beore lock!

Viscosity took a pounding. There’s either fuel in the sump or it sheared out of spec. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Reminds me of user @MSH's tuned R and the drops he's seen.

I think these cars when tuned, bigger turbo like mine, etc just beat on oil. The Blackstone UOAs I've seen on the Facebook mk7 Big Turbo page, EQT Facebook page it's the same thing. Here's another one from the EQT page. Tuned '19 GTI @ only 1500 miles. LiquiMoly Molygen 5w40..

Then 2nd one is mine...3k sample. Motul Sport 5w50

Screen Shot 2021-12-02 at 10.25.11 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-12-02 at 10.33.38 AM.jpg

I'm not an additive person usually but I think it is superior to most out there like LM products etc.

I now use it in about everything I own and after break in I'm going to put it in my Arteon. Worth a try.

Your manual probably says you can void your warranty if you do that. My Passat manual did, haven't looked at the Jetta yet. On the flip side my dealer has a glossy brochure on the counter trying to get you to buy additives to go with your oil change "because the intervals are so long". :rolleyes:

Your manual probably says you can void your warranty if you do that. My Passat manual did, haven't looked at the Jetta yet. On the flip side my dealer has a glossy brochure on the counter trying to get you to buy additives to go with your oil change "because the intervals are so long". :rolleyes:
Most manuals do don't they unless it is their products...
I saw the same at my VW dealer.
A host of additives and accessories.
Typical.

Moly that doesn't settle out of suspension of the oil.

The lubegard stuff is suspected to use Tri-nuclear Moly, plus add a little esters.
Maybe I'll toss a bottle in this go around for the hell of it.

From VW on oil additives and warranty.

I hate the term "void" that is so often thrown around as a boogieman on internet forums/social media w/r to this topic. I prefer "has the potential to impact warranty claims". So based on the excerpt from my owner's manual, unless it's causing damage, there is nothing to worry about and let's be honest, MoS2, Ceratec, Lubegard, Lucas, etc. aren't harming your engine and have no way to grenade it if used properly. But you say "If my motor goes and they know I used xyz additive, they won't cover it." which of course is always a possibility and would require that 1) you have a lubrication-related failure (e. rare) 2) they test your oil 3) they can tell from that that an additive was used AND 4) have reason to think that the additive caused your engine to grenade. I don't worry about this meteor hitting the Earth scenario stuff. Warranty claims on my car were severely impacted as soon as a tuned it and started monkeying with it. I've used some additives in our Atlas that still has 2 more years on the factory 6/72 B2B warranty with no concerns. Dealers selling additives is common and of course they aren't going to ever report for an oil-related engine/major claim that additives were the culprit.

Capture.JPG

Last edited:
I don't think there is an auto manufacturer that allows for fuel and oil additives in their owner's manual.

Some dealerships do sell BG products and services with the service/parts department. Such as BG 44K. BG MOA, is also backed by their so-called BG Lifetime protection plan.

Which MOA, iirc, someone has done a VOA one before, ages ago is also a big kick of Moly.

If there has a been a documented BG additive caused failure and their lifetime protection plan paying out, BITOG would probably have discussed it by now.

Yep BG MOA is what my dealer hawks, and some other stuff but I think it's all the same brand. MOA is the one they push though.

Back