2018 Demon - some pics (and yes, it is filthy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: PimTac
Unfortunately when I hear Dodge Demon I think of the Dart. The engine dying in left hand turns was the epitome of the 70’s.
The 340 was quite the street contender! Many big blocks go beat by a 340 at a stop light race.

Originally Posted By: Chris142
Originally Posted By: PimTac
Unfortunately when I hear Dodge Demon I think of the Dart. The engine dying in left hand turns was the epitome of the 70’s.
The 340 was quite the street contender! Many big blocks go beat by a 340 at a stop light race.

My father told me stories about those 340's showing up big block powered cars. I'm guessing they must have put out quite a bit more HP than they were advertised at.

OVERKILL, this was posted in another thread of mine...but my last 2 tanks I was getting 19.2 MPG in my Hellcat.

Now at 18.6 after a few more spirited runs
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: CT8
These muscle cars make the 60s muscle cars look so weak.

But don’t forget classic muscle cars didn’t need help from a supercharger. More computer [censored] to break these days.

Originally Posted By: mbacfp
my last 2 tanks I was getting 19.2 MPG in my Hellcat.
That's impressive. I am currently at around 14.5 MPG in the 6.4.

Originally Posted By: SubieRubyRoo

Yes, they are Nitto’s, same tire front and rear. (Skinnies come in the goodie box)

Yes, passenger and rear seating were optional, at $1 each.

Oh, baby

What else is contained in the box?
"THE BOX!, THE BOX!"

Last edited:
Truth be told...I drove her very conservative...in break in still...at 900 as of today. Super fun car.

I can't do much with 300hp in my 135i. Can't imagine driving a beast like these around!

Nice pics!

Originally Posted By: ARB1977
Originally Posted By: CT8
These muscle cars make the 60s muscle cars look so weak.

But don’t forget classic muscle cars didn’t need help from a supercharger. More computer [censored] to break these days.

To make a streetable 840HP? They most certainly would have. And it still wouldn't have anything close to the refinement of these modern mills.

Probably the most powerful of the available (and it was over the parts counter) engine options in the 1960's was Ford' 427SOHC, which, at 7.0L, was displacing more than any of the modern street HEMI's, forced induction or otherwise. It made 657HP SAE GROSS in dual quad config, which was significantly more than anything else available stock-for-stock. Yes, there were hopped up versions of various engines, including the 494ci TASCA Super BOSS, which ran 11's on the stock rubber, but even that mill, when recently dyno'd, made 735HP, and that was refreshed, with updated modern ignition and a massive Holley Dominator on it.

The 840HP from the Demon is SAE NET. that's full exhaust, accessories...etc. It'll run 9's as pictured in the high 130's, and mid 9's when in full race dress with better fuel at 140Mph+, which is orders of magnitude faster than anything stock from the 60's and even most warmed-over stuff, and this is in a portly car that tips the scales at almost 4,300lbs.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Off topic, but my grandfather's Grand Cherokee 3.6L gets 13.7 mpg, I checked it today
crackmeup2.gif
it's short tripped I guess.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Off topic, but my grandfather's Grand Cherokee 3.6L gets 13.7 mpg, I checked it today
crackmeup2.gif

I'm not going to post what I'm getting, but it is BAD. My wife's 3.6L gets significantly better mileage.

No short tripping...gets good highway run to work...go the long way. MPG will probably crater if lots of short trips/traffic conditions.

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
I'm not going to post what I'm getting, but it is BAD. My wife's 3.6L gets significantly better mileage.
I'm driving it to Texas starting Saturday, so we'll see how it does on the road.

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
I'm driving it to Texas starting Saturday, so we'll see how it does on the road.

Keep me posted.

Looks mean! I wonder how the drag radials work for hooning on the street? One of the good guys at autocross this weekend tried a set of Nitto drag radials on his mustang cobra and they proved to be only good in a straight line. Once he got a little sideways they overheated fast in two corners and then became hopelessly slippery.
Maybe that's how drag radials work? Good for a little slippage for the first couple hundred feet? Anyways, his particular set were no where near the capability of a good 200TW tire except for the launch.

crackmeup2.gif

Oh that's crazy, I always get 20-24 depending on how many short trips and highway driving is mixed in. Mine is 2wd though.

Originally Posted By: IndyIan
Looks mean! I wonder how the drag radials work for hooning on the street? One of the good guys at autocross this weekend tried a set of Nitto drag radials on his mustang cobra and they proved to be only good in a straight line. Once he got a little sideways they overheated fast in two corners and then became hopelessly slippery.
Maybe that's how drag radials work? Good for a little slippage for the first couple hundred feet? Anyways, his particular set were no where near the capability of a good 200TW tire except for the launch.

Yeah, they are not designed for corners. I ran them on the Mustang. They are good for going straight, they are not meant to get hot in the corners, so your experience doesn't surprise me.

Originally Posted By: dishdude
crackmeup2.gif

Oh that's crazy, I always get 20-24 depending on how many short trips and highway driving is mixed in. Mine is 2wd though.

It's mostly trips to Walgreens, the doctors, and the grocery store. Like, REALLY short trips lol. And use of the remote starter to cool it down since it sits in the sun.

Doesnt surprise me about the 3.6 getting abysmal mpg in short tripping

the pentastar 3.2 in my cherokee will return anywhere from 13mpg to 25mpg.

Was all highway/country roads last week got 24.4

When its below 40f you lose an instant 3mpg due to the asinine awd system keeping itself spun up even on a sunny day.
Throw in winter gas and cold and I was short tripping well under 15mpg.. but I'd usually hit 17 or 18mpg if I had a couple highway trips.

And of course if the zf-9speed gets twitchy it wont shift into 8th so you end up at 20mpg max on the highway. I so want the zf-8speed bah humbug.

Back on topic.. I wonder how many of these demons and hellcats are crashing.. we used to call it mustanging.. due to the massive numbers of idiots crashing their mustangs showing off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back