2018 Camry Recall. Pistons Too Big

Status
Not open for further replies.
"But wow, aren't we glad Toyota is taking the responsibility? Stuff happens sometimes to everyone, I'm glad Toyota responded so quickly. Can we say the same about the other guys and whatever they did in the 1960s, who's engines didn't seize in the first few hundred miles like on a 2018 Toyota? Didn't think so. Hats off and kudos to Toyota who's still better than anyone else"

57.gif

Originally Posted By: PeterPolyol
"But wow, aren't we glad Toyota is taking the responsibility? Stuff happens sometimes to everyone, I'm glad Toyota responded so quickly. Can we say the same about the other guys and whatever they did in the 1960s, who's engines didn't seize in the first few hundred miles like on a 2018 Toyota? Didn't think so. Hats off and kudos to Toyota who's still better than anyone else"

57.gif

Originally Posted By: Excel
too large?
Thats an odd one,I guess engines were heating up and locking?

The recall says it could possibly cause the engine to stall because the pistons maybe larger than specified.

Action: Toyota will notify owners and dealers will inspect production date codes of the pistons. If the pistons are in the affected production period the engine assembly will be replaced free of charge. To begin May 25th. Thank you for your interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back