2014 Subaru WRX 3600 mi RotellaT6 5W-40 CJ-4/SM

A few things here is the airfilter on the 18500 sample was using a K&N in the stock box and the 22100 sample is a stock Denso filter in the stock box. And the Silicones were the same number, looks like the K&N did a good job. Another thing to note is the oil on the 22100 sample is CJ-4/SM manufactured in October of 2016. My car doesn’t use any oil at all I also have a 2 can Mishimoto oil catch can system and there has only been a tablespoon of oil at the most between oil changes. Mark

Interesting how on some cars the K&N seems to make a big difference on the UOA, and then some are like yours and seem just fine. Wonder if it's all down to the design of the vehicles intake. Or if it's K&N having a different production method for different size/shape filters.

I was pleasantly surprised to see that the K&N and stock filter were the same. The whole intake is stock the K&N is a drop in. The silver is interesting I’m 51 and it does not get beat on at all occasional full throttle put on easy. I don’t slam it open. Probably nothing to worry about not my daily driver and it gets less than 5000 mi a year so it will be a while for the next sample.

Originally Posted By: JoelB
Interesting how on some cars the K&N seems to make a big difference on the UOA, and then some are like yours and seem just fine. Wonder if it's all down to the design of the vehicles intake. Or if it's K&N having a different production method for different size/shape filters.
That's an extremely good question.

Maybe this is a fake uoa and rotorcraft gets compensation from K&N? Or maybe it's lab error. tongue2 #conspiracytheory Cheers2 drive

Originally Posted By: JoelB
I have an Amsoil 2 micron bypass filter installed and maybe it it the filter getting the silicones out. Don't know what size the silicones are but the filter may be removing them. Mark