2014 Subaru WRX 3600 mi RotellaT6 5W-40 CJ-4/SM

Status
Not open for further replies.

A few things here is the airfilter on the 18500 sample was using a K&N in the stock box and the 22100 sample is a stock Denso filter in the stock box. And the Silicones were the same number, looks like the K&N did a good job.

Another thing to note is the oil on the 22100 sample is CJ-4/SM manufactured in October of 2016.
My car doesn’t use any oil at all I also have a 2 can Mishimoto oil catch can system and there has only been a tablespoon of oil at the most between oil changes.
Mark

Very nice report. There was still lots of life in that oil at 8.7 TBN. I agree with your assessment of the K&N.

Interesting how on some cars the K&N seems to make a big difference on the UOA, and then some are like yours and seem just fine. Wonder if it's all down to the design of the vehicles intake. Or if it's K&N having a different production method for different size/shape filters.

I was pleasantly surprised to see that the K&N and stock filter were the same. The whole intake is stock the K&N is a drop in.
The silver is interesting I’m 51 and it does not get beat on at all occasional full throttle put on easy. I don’t slam it open. Probably nothing to worry about not my daily driver and it gets less than 5000 mi a year so it will be a while for the next sample.

Originally Posted By: JoelB
Interesting how on some cars the K&N seems to make a big difference on the UOA, and then some are like yours and seem just fine. Wonder if it's all down to the design of the vehicles intake. Or if it's K&N having a different production method for different size/shape filters.

That's an extremely good question.

Maybe this is a fake uoa and rotorcraft gets compensation from K&N? Or maybe it's lab error.
48.gif

#conspiracytheory

11.gif

19.gif

Originally Posted By: JoelB

I have an Amsoil 2 micron bypass filter installed and maybe it it the filter getting the silicones out. Don't know what size the silicones are but the filter may be removing them.
Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back