2006 Honda Pilot Opinions? (Sorry for the Deja Vu)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the extra info about the Pilot.

Should hopefully prove to be a reliable vehicle.

I will be good to not have to hire drivers all the time or have to take one of our Taxis off the run and have the driver ferry us around.

Having 8 seats and decent ground clearance will definitely be a bonus.

Here is a not particularly brilliant picture. The one I used to identify that it was indeed a Honda Pilot.

Last edited:
I have now done a CarFax on this vehicle.

Which turns out to be a 2007 and has spent its life in Texas till the person I bought it from purchased it, drive it for a year in OH then exported it to Ghana. Unlike what somebody posted it isn't a stolen vehicle!!

Good news is that it is quite well specced but is sadly a FWD. It's an EX-L (with Navi)

Have got some more photos and it has Leather seats, reversing camera and electric drivers seat. Had 116k on it a year before export so I assume it will be between 125k and 135k now.

A shame that the SatNav will be redundant in Ghana. Will be interesting to see what it shows when we use it!

It would also appear to have VCMTM

Is that the system that cause the engine to sludge up?

It also has a nearly new set of Michelin LTX M/S 2 tyres, so I won't be staring a thread regarding tyre choice any time soon! As from what InhVe read online they are a very good set of tyres.

I think long term ownership is now not as likely as when I thought it was a 4wd version. Which is a pity.

Last edited:
Yes -- starting in 2006, the Pilot was available as FWD only, and FWD models had VCM. Because there's really no way to know the service history of this vehicle besides what Carfax could tell you, I'd skip it.

Just thought I would update this old thread.

Vehicle is now registered and being used.

Mileage is 124k.

Goods things are the gearbox is smooth, loads of space and it is comfortable.

Power steering is a little noisy, a Google shows that the possible issue could be an O Ring.

Oil will be getting changed soon and I am going to use Shell 5w30 as I can get it from local Shell Petrol Stations and I shall source a filter from Honda in Ghana.

Was going to send oil and a filter out prior to our arrival but didn't have time in the end.

Next order of the day is to fix the 3rd row seats as they are stuck in the up position which greatly limits flexibility!

I will probably just stick with an oil change every year and oil and filter change every other year.

A VCMuzzler will also be purchased when back in the UK and be fitted when we visit next.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back