2004 corolla with sludge fix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of your posts in the past have been difficult to understand or to determine what you're trying to say, but this one is unintelligible.

Originally Posted By: yvon_la
? why you got to ground directly? ok ,nevermind then .keep doing what your doing right now . if engineer havent bothered to know the full law of electricity ? who am i to change that !

ps: electron are so lazy that if they see an occsion to spark where you dont want want it will!

i stick to what i said . put a ground from the aluminium to the frame .i suggest the head ( yes you can remove the original ground ) but why bother .its a drag and i am with the electron on this one the less work the better

thank you very much for the help
looks like i will go with the engine flush on idle because for the past 3 years i done almost short oc for maximum of 4000 km and cleaned the oil screen 3 times
so i already removed a lot of sludge

20160323_161136_zpsdhtvnapj.jpg

It may help a little but nothing will wash that out in 10 min. I would either take a stiff nylon bristle parts cleaning brush with a little kerosene to it, once it clean wash it down with kerosene with the drain plug out.
Fill with some cheap oil, run it for 20 min or so then drain it. Put a new filter and the oil you want to run in it, do short oil change intervals.

Or do short oil changes for 4-5 oil change cycles.

Originally Posted By: Msalem
looks like i will go with the engine flush on idle because for the past 3 years i done almost short oc for maximum of 4000 km and cleaned the oil screen 3 times

Also get into the habit of cutting your oil filters apart so you can see what they are capturing and how loaded they are. This will help you set an appropriate oci.

Run a filter which advertises the highest holding capacity. You want to liquefy the sludge as much as possible and capture it in the filter and reduce how often you have to clean that screen. The engine flushes should help with that as well.

Originally Posted By: Msalem

4000 km is not a short OCI for a dirty engine. It's not a particularly short OCI for a really short tripped engine, either, but you haven't stated what type of driving you do. When I'm doing nothing but short tripping, I need to change oil at 2000-3000 miles. But when I'm doing highway only driving, then 12000-14000 miles is more typical for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back