17,185 mi Fram Endurance FE7317 cut open

Just think of this. Amsoil is $18.35, Royal Purple is $19 for the same filter. FRAM's price is a deal especially in todays economy with high inflation.

You can find some Amsoil models for cheaper but always remember to add $10 shipping or spend over $100 to waive that so the Endurance is still cheaper and more convenient to get it right now down the street at WM while you are shopping anyway.

Fram endurance FE7317 in use for 17,185 miles with HPL 0w30 premium passenger car engine oil in use on my 2018 Subaru Forester 2.5i FB25 6MT. I think the filter held up well but I am no expert. I will update with more pictures of media once it is wicked dry
It looks beautiful.
Does fram still use the old xg ultra wire backed media in those endurances?
I saw those at a nearby Walmart on the shelf for the first time just this morning. Looked and felt well made but I couldn’t get a view of the media.

I see some carbon deposits in your filter can there.

Does this one have the steel wire mesh backing?
Yes, the Endurance does. Go watch Whip City Wrencher videos that show it. Also been photos posted here. Also, Fram's website say it's metal screen backing.

1703815978061.jpg

Yes, the Endurance does. Go watch Whip City Wrencher videos that show it. Also been photos posted here.
It has that look of a fully wire backed filter. I hope Fram doesn't switch to plastic mesh like Mann+Hummel is doing.

I was running the Fram Ultra for the last few years, but after seeing the YouTube videos that Brand Rankings recently posted showing the Ultra being more restrictive to flow compared to the Endurance filter, I think I will try the Endurance. Endurance seems to have higher flow and about the same filtering capabilities of the Amsoil filters, but for less. Endurance oil filter packaging shows it to be a high flow oil filter and testing showed it was indeed higher flowing. Ultra filters are great at filtering, but restrict flow. I was debating between the even higher flowing Mobil 1 filter, but the filtering media looks like it’s cheap paper over the full synthetic media of the Endurance filter.

I was running the Fram Ultra for the last few years, but after seeing the YouTube videos that Brand Rankings recently posted showing the Ultra being more restrictive to flow compared to the Endurance filter, I think I will try the Endurance. Endurance seems to have higher flow and about the same filtering capabilities of the Amsoil filters, but for less. Endurance oil filter packaging shows it to be a high flow oil filter and testing showed it was indeed higher flowing. Ultra filters are great at filtering, but restrict flow. I was debating between the even higher flowing Mobil 1 filter, but the filtering media looks like it’s cheap paper over the full synthetic media of the Endurance filter.
The Ultra showed pretty low dP vs flow in the Ascent testing. Of course, this was the old wire backed media Ultra. The Royal Purple showed to have the most dP vs flow out of the filters shown below. The bottom line is that non of these filters are going to reduce the oil flow volume to the oiling system unless the oil pump is in pressure relief .... which means someone running near redline with cold thick oil. There's a reason why positive displacement oil pumps are used in engine oiling systems. An engine's oiling system doesn't operate like your house's water system, so an oil filter with a few more PSI of dP vs flow really won't matter at all.

Back