10,000 OCI with stock Toyota cartridge filter??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: meulenms
OK then, thanks everyone. Sounds like I've been changing my oil way to often. My manual recommends 5000 miles, and that is when the OLM is triggered. It's not an intelligent system like other makes. I'll definitely change my habits. I was born and raised in the era of the 3000 miles oil change, and it was gospel. Even with that engines usually didn't go 100,000 miles

You're ahead of where Kendall was in 1928. Problem is, this is 2017.
RARE-ORIGINAL-Vintage-KENDALL-2000-Mile-Oil-Cloth-Advertising-Banner-Sign-54x35-01-ean.jpg

Not sure why this is even a question. Honda has done 15k on filters since at least the 90s, and even my 04 Saab was qualified to do 16k OCIs.

Originally Posted By: meulenms
OK then, thanks everyone. Sounds like I've been changing my oil way to often. My manual recommends 5000 miles, and that is when the OLM is triggered. It's not an intelligent system like other makes. I'll definitely change my habits. I was born and raised in the era of the 3000 miles oil change, and it was gospel. Even with that engines usually didn't go 100,000 miles

Well the 2000 mile oil change was the gospel according to the dealer when the family bought our Volvo PV544. But what did he know when that car left the family 300 and some K miles later it was using a quarter of a quart between changes. Back in the day when you could get Valvoline 30 wt on sale for about .45 or less.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back