Looking for good quality 15,000 mile filter

I'm looking for a good quality spin on filter that would be good for 15,000 miles. It's for my wife's Kia Seltos with the 1.6 turbo engine. I've been changing oil every 4,000 miles or so by extracting oil with my MityVac. My plan now is to put a good filter on and change it out every other oil change, which would be roughly every 8,000 miles. That would put me under the car less often.
I bought a Fram Force yesterday and then last night noticed that BITOG doesn't seem too enthusiastic about this filter. So any suggestions for a well made spin on filter that would last more than 8 or 10 thousand miles?

Thanks

Isn't it still under warranty? If not, isn't the Kia filter good for that long anyway?
Yes, it's under warranty. I don't know how long the Kia filter is good for. I don't like the dealer and would rather not go there. I guess I could get Kia filters online. But surely there are after market filters at local parts stores that are just as good or better than Kia;s.

I dont know what the efficiency or capacity is of the Kia filter but I'd trust it for 15k over anything from the Fram's I had been using up until recently. The Kia filters seem to be very well made, if the ones I've been cutting open from my daughters car are any indication.

M1 or Royal Purple
Those are pretty disparate offerings since M1 cheapened up their filter line. IIRC there was a thread about the before/after they went to 20k ratings, and none of the new stats were as good as the old filter media or construction.

If you’re spending $16+ on a filter (totally unnecessary IMO when Ultra & Endurance are less than $14) RP & Amsoil EaO are the only two worth buying.

When I was AA yesterday, the Fram lineup was Titanium as the most expensive, then the Force (which I bought) then something else as the bottom. None of them were called Endurance. There was no Tough Guard either.

Out of curiosity, is Wix still held in high regard on BITOG?
Some of the WIX Golds are still OK. There have been some questionable pics since M&H made changes to WIX. I don’t know that I’d personally run a Gold for 15k. No depth filtration, you’re likely to load the filter up if your engine is putting a lot of material into the filter. JMO…

When I was AA yesterday, the Fram lineup was Titanium as the most expensive, then the Force (which I bought) then something else as the bottom. None of them were called Endurance. There was no Tough Guard either.
Fram Endurance is a Walmart exclusive branding.

I think it relates to Titanium, someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm looking for a good quality spin on filter that would be good for 15,000 miles. It's for my wife's Kia Seltos with the 1.6 turbo engine. I've been changing oil every 4,000 miles or so by extracting oil with my MityVac. My plan now is to put a good filter on and change it out every other oil change, which would be roughly every 8,000 miles.
Why looking for a 15K+ filter if you're only going 2x 4K OCIs in the filter? Fram TG or XG would be plenty. Could even go 3x OCIs.

Back