06 accord 3.0 very noisy at idle

06 accord 3.0 j30a5 very noisy at idle was told needs timing belt.i feel nothing vibrating the timing covers, the noise goes away at 2500 rpm and up i dont think its timing related.its not my car to pull the belt off and see if the noise persists.

If you take the timing belt off, I bet the noise goes away-other than the one time loud crunch! Then just clicking noises… Guessing you meant the accessory/other belts.

I wouldn’t drive it until you pinpoint it. It could be something in the timing drive, almost like belt could be hitting the cover(s).

If it’s not your car you should tell the owner to remove the belt and start the car to see if noise is still there

Does it definitely sound like it’s coming from the front of the engine and not some where under valve covers?

Noises are very difficult to accurately diagnose over the internet. It almost sounds like an exhaust leak from the video, but it is impossible to tell.

If it was my car, I would pull the timing belt cover off (assuming it's accessible) and see if the belt(s) is flapping at low speeds due to bad tensioner/idlers/etc. The amount of pressure put on a timing belt push pulling and pushing from the cams is quite high. I've seen cases where a chain or belt makes noise at low speeds and gets quieter once the pulses from the valve springs are fast enough to not allow the back side of the belt to go slack.

Back