KIA Sedona making whining/groaning noises at idle but mostly only when cold out

@Destinyplayer, @MV4S, did either of you get yours working? My 2016 Sedona SXL has had this exact same issue for a couple years now. Our warranty is through the dealership we bought it from, but they aren't a KIA dealership, and haven't been able to figure out the issue so far. The other things I find online are all about the timing chain rattle, which I don't think is what this is. Here is a recording of the issue I'm experiencing. I should get a recording of what it sounds like from the engine bay, but we're always rushing off somewhere when we experience it.

I haven't addressed my issue yet. I do notice that the groaning/whining noises get better when the weather warms up even for a day. This is the reason I think the issue likely has something to do with degrading/hardened rubber on the transmission mount. I do not hear rattling noises like yours.

I haven't addressed my issue yet. I do notice that the groaning/whining noises get better when the weather warms up even for a day. This is the reason I think the issue likely has something to do with degrading/hardened rubber on the transmission mount. I do not hear rattling noises like yours.
Maybe I have more than one issue.

Back