GC mix

Status
Not open for further replies.

DR

I have an odd number of GC quarts left and it doesn't look like I can get any more, stupid autozone. anyway, I was wondering which oil would mix best with GC if it even matter.

David

My ultimate mix would be: GC with Syntec 5-50 (I just did this over the weekend)
grin.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Dr. T:
My ultimate mix would be: GC with Syntec 5-50 (I just did this over the weekend)
grin.gif

He finally uses the GC, awesome!
smile.gif

How much did you put in? 50/50?

Will you finally do a UOA??
grin.gif

quote:

grin.gif

shocked.gif
Just for fun or trying to accomplish something specific? I thought about you last week, when our Wal-Mart had a bunch of 5W-50 for $2 a qt.

quote:

Originally posted by Patman:

quote:

grin.gif

He finally uses the GC, awesome!
smile.gif

How much did you put in? 50/50?

Will you finally do a UOA??
grin.gif

No, just 1L (out of 8L capacity) to top up. I figure it's still winter and what better time to try it. Hey, maybe next interval will be a full GC one...
cheers.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Alan:
Does GC and Syntec 5W50 have a similar smell?

Not the last time I checked, but I'd have to do another smell test to make sure
grin.gif

I want to say that the entire Syntec line smells like Tide detergent except for GC which smells more sweet than detergently
shocked.gif

Looks like Prestone coolant going in though....scary....
grin.gif

I recently mixed 50/50 GC and Syntec 10W40. Just so everyone knows at 13°F it starts just fine no cavitation or starvation!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back