FRAM EG 3614, 5,000 miles, CUT OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last filter cut for the weekend. FRAM Extra Guard off a 2014 Ford Fiesta. 5,000 miles with QSGB and this filter. Brother did the oil change. I put on a TG 3614 and some VWB SM 5w30 from my "basement oil stash" LOL! Looks OK is all I will say. Total mileage on car is 61,365. If I decoded the date which is A60253, filter manufactured January 25, 2016

11sh8vp.jpg

21l8gsm.jpg

14cr2tw.jpg

f0zvxw.jpg

v4vvig.jpg

vhco0h.jpg

2z906cj.jpg

ojdva1.jpg

2wohzib.jpg

This is a filter i would never use but in all honesty it looks ok, In my opinion Fram improved this filter a little.. They were always known in the automotive circles as the bottom of the Barrel and until a few years ago purolater was the go to filter..WOW has that changed..lol

In any case the only fram i use is the ultra because it seems to be the best for the money at the moment.

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
This is a filter i would never use but in all honesty it looks ok, In my opinion Fram improved this filter a little.. They were always known in the automotive circles as the bottom of the Barrel and until a few years ago purolater was the go to filter..WOW has that changed..lol

In any case the only fram i use is the ultra because it seems to be the best for the money at the moment.

I agree with your comments....looks OK....but there are better filters for less money...

Can you explain how to decipher that date code?

I used this sheet Zee0Six put in my other filter post about the FRAM PRO SYNTHETIC date codes

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4154480/FRAM_FPS_filters,_date_made?#Post4154480

Looks surprisingly good, it appears Fram has upped the pleat count on these a bit as well. Nice move. We have also noted some media pleat count upgrades to the PH16 and PH8A on this forum the last year or so.

Thanks for the cut and post!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back