Investors....come in please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:

It seems the consensus is a couple more rate cuts.

It will mean Fed decided to sacrifice US$ at the expense of stocks. But this will be too dangerous step with unpredictable consequences.

From one side, spiral of inflation is already unwinding in the US with an unbelievable pace. Money recently pumped into bank system will be displayed very soon and add to inflation. Other rate cuts or even another rate cut will add to inflation too. Thus, DJ may rocket to 16-17000, after or without a dip. As for CPI, it does not reflect the reality and became a pure water bluff. The history already knows economies when there were an inflation and a deflation at the same time.

From other side, sacrificing US$ there is a high risk coming from foreign investors: who will invest if US$ is weakenning faster than stocks are growing ?

This may sound a conspirology, who know, but may be Fed decided to arrange first a crash on world markets, including US itself, and then will promptly revive US stocks growth when others will be still in ruines ? Fast growing stocks will demand more US$, so stocks growth will go together with US$ strengthenning.

Seems to me when people have more buying power, they buy more. I see more Europens in NYC each day because their Euro goes farther.

Look for foreign investment to increase in U.S. companies as they are "on sale" to foreign investors.

Yes, nice! Up another 1.5% today. Bought some FRO this morning.
coffee.gif

Quote:

Power Lunch tomorrow, (Friday).

I think I napped right through it. Shoot. Next week they will be in Seattle. Not sure which day. Said they had never been in the PNW before. Amazing. Mentioned we are one on the only places where RE is still relatively hot in the USA.

Now up 17.5% YTD.......and my 10,000 shares of PPR went ex-dividend. (another $500 or so
wink.gif
)

Speaking of PPR - I know one or two of you hold this. It's yield is about 8.2%, the holdings look OK, trades at a nice 3.63% discount, I roll it for gains all the time, but I don't get the internal fee structure.....I know ING is a pretty good outfit, but are these guys living too large?

The on location Power Lunch program is new. It's every friday. I DVR'ed it. It was good, if a little thin. I record everything these days. I can skip commercials and dull parts, partisan political claptrap and such.

I've got 3K shares of PPR. Haven't looked at the workings.

I see that you guys mostly trade ETF-s. My guess is that they are more stable like mutual funds that's why.

My question is, where do you find information/listing of these ETF-s? I buy/sell only stocks (blue chip or other fundamentally sound dividend paying stocks). My experience with ETF-s is almost nil.

Quote:

I see that you guys mostly trade ETF-s. My guess is that they are more stable like mutual funds that's why.

My question is, where do you find information/listing of these ETF-s? I buy/sell only stocks (blue chip or other fundamentally sound dividend paying stocks). My experience with ETF-s is almost nil.

I do trade a lot of ETF's.

Here's the basics: http://www.etfconnect.com/

Then I go to the owner's home site. New ones are always covered in IBD's ETF section. I mostly use the high yield ones to smooth out the market's volatility. The remainder to go after specific niches - international, or industries or even logic niches.

http://www.ingfunds.com/v2/
http://www.iqiafunds.com/
http://www.preferredincome.com/
http://www.ishares.com
http://www.claymoresecurities.com

BTW - this very much goes AGAINST the advice of experts.

Cripe, I'm up a hair over 24% YTD because of one mutual fund: Fidelity Energy Service. It's a roller coaster; down when the Dow is up, but holy moly does it skyrocket some days, like 3 to 5%; apparently pays some nice juicy dividends as well even though fidelity's site shows the yield at 0 (haven't been in it but the last month and a couple months before the little market panic in Aug). I'm going all into this baby for next year as oil continues to skyrocket. I'm up ---- creek though if there's really gonna be a worldwide major slowdown or recession.

I own FIREX and FEMKX.

I was up ~15% with FIREX at one point, but it has dropped to just a little over even at this point.

FEMKX is up over 40% at the moment. Wish I had bought more.

The ETF's are just a part of my portfolio. I own 3 stocks, 2 ETF's, 1 reit and 2 funds. Like Pablo said, the ETF's tend to smooth out the bumps in the market.
coffee.gif

I'm still up 26.65% on FIREX.

FSCOX up 79.38%. FEXPX up 77.53%. etc

But I'm so spread around these didn't help too much.

You know the main thing holding me back is good old fashioned Bogle advice..................grrr......low cost wide market funds.

Quote:

Quote:

If anyone wants to know, I'm moving heavily into cash.

How come? Seeing some market downturn in the future?

Obviously he visited an astrologist and had a following discussion:

Astrologist: Pablo, move into cash
bop.gif

Pablo:
nono.gif

Astrologist: move, and heavily as possible
chairs.gif
, like I do, and say it to others. Next visit you will show me your BITOG post.

QUIZ
- Did Pablo has a choice ?
- Yes, yes !
- And if the astrologist is of Tyson type ?
- Uuu... ???

cheers.gif

Last edited:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

If anyone wants to know, I'm moving heavily into cash.

How come? Seeing some market downturn in the future?

Obviously he visited an astrologist and had a following discussion:

Astrologist: Pablo, move into cash
bop.gif

Pablo:
nono.gif

Astrologist: move, and heavily as possible
chairs.gif
, like I do, and say it to others. Next visit you will show me your BITOG post.

QUIZ
- Did Pablo has a choice ?
- Yes, yes !
- And if the astrologist is of Tyson type ?
- Uuu... ???

cheers.gif

Worse. It was G0D who told me. But he told me not to sell my mutual funds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back