Investors....come in please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Al - I don't trade in and out regular mutual funds too frequently. I use use ETF's such as EWC. My regular mutual funds are in set and forget for the most part, with some tuning every six months or so.

News item: http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=a9_ih7SLTn84&refer=home

I sold this one too early....
bop.gif
bop.gif
bop.gif
bop.gif
bop.gif

Quote:

What happened to the streaming real-time quotes on the "Bloomberg Business Channel"?
They're gone, and it looks like a completely new
screen format....?

You can watch TV during the day? You've already made the big time!
grin.gif
wink.gif

Actually we don't get Bloomberg for some silly reason.

Quote:

Quote:

What happened to the streaming real-time quotes on the "Bloomberg Business Channel"?
They're gone, and it looks like a completely new
screen format....?

You can watch TV during the day? You've already made the big time!
grin.gif
wink.gif

Actually we don't get Bloomberg for some silly reason.

laugh.gif
Ha, no big time here, sometimes I get home before the market closes and need to get my trading 'fix'. Bloomberg had streaming real-time quotes and you could see at a glance what specific stocks were doing, and get an immediate idea of where the market was going, all on the TV screen. (It's satellite, DirecTV).

Fridays are cool because I only work 1/2 day. I can make it home in time for a couple hours live....

Anyway - who is doing well? All time highs every day. Now back to up 14.6% for the year. Tomorrow is dividend bonanza day!!

Quote:

.....Anyway - who is doing well? All time highs every day. Now back to up 14.6% for the year. Tomorrow is dividend bonanza day!!

Congrats on that good percentage, Pablo.
Well done.
thumbsup.gif

I'll have to do some 'rithmatic to figure mine in a couple days. Should be good, I don't think I've made a bad trade all year.....rather be lucky than good....
grin.gif

Make that 15.53% for the YTD after Friday. (I'm not sure what the S&P 500, Dow, etc are YTD).

Not one bad trade? I've made plenty. Not necessarily "red" trades....but poorly timed at best.

I'm up 22.7% ytd, according to my Quicken program.
I knew it was good, but didn't realize it would be that good. I'm holding mostly defense stocks right now, and they had a good pop in September.
Pablo posted:
Not one bad trade? I've made plenty. Not necessarily "red" trades....but poorly timed at best.
Ha ha, I consider any trade that's not red a 'good' trade.
laugh.gif
So far I've only had two losers this year; like I said better lucky than good.....

Quote:

Quote:

I'm up 22.7% ytd, according to my Quicken program.

Wholly guacamole! I was all braggin' on myself - do you know what the Dow, S&P (your choice), NASDAQ, etc are up? Well into singles digits!
laugh.gif

LR

Topped 10% today. Made a couple of bad trades in early June, then I bought SHLD.
crushedcar.gif
At one point I was at -6%.
shocked.gif
I've been shoveling poop all summer trying to recover. It all looks a lot better now.
thumbsup.gif
coffee.gif

Just ran my numbers, now 16.5%. The biggest hole I had to get out of were some junkie bonds, biggest gains were on some apparently not so junkie bonds...but heck I have an Insurance equities fund (FSPCX) up 12.5% in 1.5 months. I'll be watching a lot of business TV the next 5 days.

Seems like the market IS looking for good news, even though silly polls say a sizable chunk of average folks are looking for a crash. To me this says - rally on.

I was up $700 yesterday total. Nice surprise coming home from the hospital and seeing the down market while watching Cramer. I had sold CVP and EWR (again) in the AM.

Quote:

When is the next Fed meeting, BTW?

Scroll down to the calender.

http://www.federalreserve.gov/monetarypolicy/fomc.htm#calendars

It seems the consensus is a couple more rate cuts. The jobs report this Friday I think holds the key to the rest of 2007. If payrolls are up 100K or so from the last report where there was a loss, I think Friday could be a big day. That's the expectation according to that hot chick on CNBC!
drool.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back