No more Fram Ultra's at my Walmart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stopped in today and checked the oil aisle and all the Fram Ultra's were on the "clearance" end cap at FULL PRICE
shocked2.gif
! In the oil filter section as far as Fram they have the Extended Guard, Tough Guard and High Mileage oil filters only. Lots of Purolator Classics on the bottom shelf and expensive Bosch filters on the second shelf well as a hand full of Motorcraft, Mopar and AC Delco, surprisingly on the top shelf. There is open spaces on the Fram shelf. I wonder what they are going to fill them with. Their oil selection has shrunken overall also. Royal Purple 5 qt jugs are still full price, though there are no quarts on the shelf. This Walmart never clearance prices out any oil related products, they simply disappear if they don't sell at full price.

Whimsey

It will be a sad day if my Walmart stops carrying them. They are my go-to filter for my Accord.

Originally Posted By: gregk24
It will be a sad day if my Walmart stops carrying them. They are my go-to filter for my Accord.

Your Accord will be just as happy with an orange can

tg is a good choice
my walmart has quit selling mobil 1 coventional hm oil
my walmart is one of the worst managed ones ever, but i'll save those complaints for another thread

Last edited:
Was at my Walmart today and they were loaded with Ultras. No change, no clearance
Must be something with your local store.

Originally Posted By: Doog

Your Accord will be just as happy with an orange can

+1....or the highly underrated Fram HM oil filter

Shop elsewhere,you can find them cheaper FYI.

I dont buy them at WM anyways.
smile.gif

Funny you mention them being on clearance at full price. Work does this all the time too.. All people see is the clearance tag and they are hooked.

Originally Posted By: GSCJR
Making room for the K&N's?

This will be just like people stealing codes off the PP caps and will probably get changed back to how it was before. WM is being too trusting with their customers.

A K&N filter will find its way into a Fram Extra Guard or Purolator Classic box.

I am betting security tags and/or sensors will be installed soon.

Last edited:
Plenty of them here
I wish they were on sale
I don't understand why they are now selling KN which I think is overpriced

Originally Posted By: jacky
my walmart is one of the worst managed ones ever,
If you're just talking about the automotive section, mine has you beat...it's truly deplorable.

Originally Posted By: RF Overlord
Originally Posted By: jacky
my walmart is one of the worst managed ones ever,
If you're just talking about the automotive section, mine has you beat...it's truly deplorable.
well i mean the whole store, i hate to defend it but the automotive section is one of the better areas

Wallyworld near me has so much throughput that it's amazing that they can keep the doors open.

Restocking every evening has got to be a nightmare.

I wouldn't think $9 oil filters would be a problem restocking though.

i always open the box to verify model number

my walmart doesnt stock anything well at all, and when buying groceries you cant find everything needed to fix a meal and you end up going to several stores

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back