Not open for further replies.

BrendanC

$100 site donor 2024
another shop hand’s truck.
2004 toyota tundra 5.7L 230,000 miles
in service 5800 miles

out/off: unknown oil with Fram Ultra XG3614

on/off: 8 quarts Valvoline EP HM 5w-30 with OG wire backed Fram Titanium FS3600

this filter looks horrible but it didn’t tear. i went to the oversize FS3600.

IMG_6287.jpeg

IMG_6288.jpeg

IMG_6289.jpeg

IMG_6290.jpeg

IMG_6291.jpeg

IMG_6292.jpeg

IMG_6293.jpeg

IMG_6294.jpeg

IMG_6295.jpeg

IMG_6296.jpeg

Its shorter than the OE YZZD3 i find it weird fram doesnt cross it to the 3600 which is more fitting for a v8 application

Ugly and looks pretty caked up with oil at 5k id expected to look more clean.

another shop hand’s truck.
2004 toyota tundra 5.7L 230,000 miles
in service 5800 miles

out/off: unknown oil with Fram Ultra XG3614

on/off: 8 quarts Valvoline EP HM 5w-30 with OG wire backed Fram Titanium FS3600

this filter looks horrible but it didn’t tear. i went to the oversize FS3600.

View attachment 211069

View attachment 211070

View attachment 211071

View attachment 211072

View attachment 211073

View attachment 211074

View attachment 211075

View attachment 211076

View attachment 211077

View attachment 211078

Holy 💩💩💩💩 that filter looks hammered to hell and back! I’d have used a tough guard if I knew it would be torture tested.

Nice cut and post though BrendanC. Thank You for great photos.

Tell us why wavy pleats actually matter except that they "look bad" to C&P centerfold critics. Zero proof they cause any issues.
They don't, but if I was Fram I'd be embarrassed and worried that the pictures give the perception my product is bad and my sales will diminish in short order.
Ugly was never attractive eh?

They don't, but if I was Fram I'd be embarrassed and worried that the pictures give the perception my product is bad and my sales will diminish in short order.
Ugly was never attractive eh?
True ... most of the world operates on how things "look", which at times generates a perspective that's based on non-sense. This principle can be applied to many things these days. :rolleyes:

This one does look a lot worse than most, so not in the "norm" of the bell curve. And it being short makes it puzzling as the shorter filters should show less wavy. Wondering if the media was too long to begin with when it was made. Also wondering if that engine has more than normal condensation and/or possible coolant leak in the oil, which could cause excessive wavy media.

True ... most of the world operates on how things "look", which at times generates a perspective that's based on non-sense. This principle can be applied to many things these days. :rolleyes:

This one does look a lot worse than most, so not in the "norm" of the bell curve. And it being short makes is puzzling as the shorter filters should show less wavy. Wondering if the media was too long to begin with when it was made.
Agreed...
Too bad we couldn't see what it looked like prior.
It may have not been pretty to begin with like you alluded to with oversized media or ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back