Oil filters at Walmart are getting expensive

Status
Not open for further replies.
rockauto has been the cheapest for me recently.
Me too I just get WIX XP when I'm putting in an order. I've heard here, maybe not as good today, and I noticed the number of flutes changed, for the same car, which seems to hint something changed.

Ain't no way I am paying $11 for a Fram XG base tier oil filter, that's insane. My current stash of older WIX filters -- the good ones with holes in the tube and base end bypass -- I paid $5.50 each but that was 4 years ago. The excellent new Fram synthetic endurance filter is only $13-15. The big name parts stores advertise like they have great deals but that's a lie... the only benefit is their convenient location.

You can get the Purolator Boss for $12.74 at Walmart and according to this video it tops the list over Amsoil and Fram Endurance filters:
watch 🤷‍♂️

It really makes sense to only buy from Amazon, eBay or Rockauto these days.

But on the other hand you can get a pit crew only change for only $25 at most Walmarts. If you have an older car that needs an oil change and the weather is kicking your behind, that's a pretty reasonable alternative.

The Supertech MP line is the best deal.
I am going to grab 3-5 tomorrow and that should be good for the Fit the next 3-5 years. For me, cost is one factor but availability is another. As I don’t drive as much nowadays, I am doing annual OCI along with filter change so having supply ready when I want to do it is just as important as price.

More useless YT commentary… Lots of yelling, no actual verifiable testing.
How is it useless? There was actual testing all throughout the video. I don't understand why everyone here craps all over anything people try to do to help others make decisions.

How is it useless? There was actual testing all throughout the video. I don't understand why everyone here craps all over anything people try to do to help others make decisions.
they’re not a certified testing facility nor are they using certified testing equipment. if you want solid data,

IMG_5221.jpeg

important to note, the royal purple is the same filter as the fram endurance and amsoil. all made by champion labs.

Inflation continues to eat our money up. I just bought a battery for my wife's car. $150 and the same battery was $80 3 1/2 years ago. The warranty is not as good anymore either 3 year not 5. I couldn't prove when I bought it other than I kept the record in my maintenance book so they said no receipt no warranty kind of ticked me off.

Thank you for the constructive feedback. I appreciate it.
To add to his respone, the actual Spec Sheet for the Boss filer model that BR tested shows its efficiency is 99% >46μ. That Spec Sheet has been posted a few times in this forum. So all the official ISO efficiency numbers do not correlate at all to the YouTube ranking order test result.

To add to his respone, the actual Spec Sheet for the Boss filer model that BR tested shows its efficiency is 99% >46μ. That Spec Sheet has been posted a few times in this forum. So all the official ISO efficiency numbers do not correlate at all to the YouTube ranking order test result.
I wonder how the Fram Endurance would have performed? I just bought two of those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back