Music

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
No such thing as worlds best - a silly thing - though a conversation starter for sure.
I like Andres Segovia for classical Spanish and Steve Howe for art rock. Technical aptitude alone does not make a great player - witness: Yngwie Malmsteen
smile.gif

I hear you, but sometimes I just have to listen to a shredder, and I think Yngwie is the original. Listen to his solos on Little Savage or Krakatau. The shred just keeps on coming.

Then the next CD I put in is likely to be Joe Satriani, who has his melodic side and does great compositions, in addition to being able to shred.

Another player who was overlooked: Jan Akkerman of Focus. Who doesn't like the song Hocus Pocus?

I fogot I enjoy what Justin Hayward did with the Moodies, and sitting right on my desk a CD of the late great, Johnny Winter - The Whitest blues player ever made. Love that massive Firebird gitfiddle sound.

Originally Posted By: A_Harman
No such thing as worlds best - a silly thing - though a conversation starter for sure.
I like Andres Segovia for classical Spanish and Steve Howe for art rock. Technical aptitude alone does not make a great player - witness: Yngwie Malmsteen
smile.gif

I hear you, but sometimes I just have to listen to a shredder, and I think Yngwie is the original. Listen to his solos on Little Savage or Krakatau. The shred just keeps on coming.

Then the next CD I put in is likely to be Joe Satriani, who has his melodic side and does great compositions, in addition to being able to shred.

Another player who was overlooked: Jan Akkerman of Focus. Who doesn't like the song Hocus Pocus?

I LOVE Focus!! The Moving Waves lp is AWESOME!! Besides Hocus Pocus,there's some beautiful sunshine pop on it as well. Their "In and Out of focus" lp (their 1st I think) is more prog/beat rock and an awesome lp as well!!

I fogot I enjoy what Justin Hayward did with the Moodies, and sitting right on my desk a CD of the late great, Johnny Winter - The Whitest blues player ever made. Love that massive Firebird gitfiddle sound.

I was going to mention Justin Hayward as well,I LOVE the Moodies!! If you don't have it,find Justin Hayward's "London is Behind Me" from 1966 (pre-Moodies). He does some killer folk-guitar work on that song!!

Joe Bonomassa
Gary Moore
Brian Robertson
Dave Meniketti
Steve Clark
Glenn Tipton
Warren de Martini
Stevie Ray Vaughan

Those are just a few. Eddie Van Halen has always been a great player. It has been said if the Blues was a church, Eric Clapton would be God and Joe Bonomassa would be the Pope. It is a shame a lot of great musicians are gone now but at least we still have them on albums, cd's and mp3's.

Rich Brotherton

Pete Kennedy

Mark Knopfler

Roy Buchanan

James Burton

Albert Lee

Duke Levine

Richard Thompson

Chuck Prophet

Mark Spencer

...to name just a few, and only six string, regular guitar players
wink.gif

How about Albert Collins. This weekend I can assure you that I wasn't drunk, I was just drinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back