Music

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
No such thing as worlds best - a silly thing - though a conversation starter for sure.
I like Andres Segovia for classical Spanish and Steve Howe for art rock. Technical aptitude alone does not make a great player - witness: Yngwie Malmsteen
smile.gif

I hear you, but sometimes I just have to listen to a shredder, and I think Yngwie is the original. Listen to his solos on Little Savage or Krakatau. The shred just keeps on coming.

Then the next CD I put in is likely to be Joe Satriani, who has his melodic side and does great compositions, in addition to being able to shred.

Another player who was overlooked: Jan Akkerman of Focus. Who doesn't like the song Hocus Pocus?

I fogot I enjoy what Justin Hayward did with the Moodies, and sitting right on my desk a CD of the late great, Johnny Winter - The Whitest blues player ever made. Love that massive Firebird gitfiddle sound.

Originally Posted By: A_Harman
No such thing as worlds best - a silly thing - though a conversation starter for sure.
I like Andres Segovia for classical Spanish and Steve Howe for art rock. Technical aptitude alone does not make a great player - witness: Yngwie Malmsteen
smile.gif

I hear you, but sometimes I just have to listen to a shredder, and I think Yngwie is the original. Listen to his solos on Little Savage or Krakatau. The shred just keeps on coming.

Then the next CD I put in is likely to be Joe Satriani, who has his melodic side and does great compositions, in addition to being able to shred.

Another player who was overlooked: Jan Akkerman of Focus. Who doesn't like the song Hocus Pocus?

I LOVE Focus!! The Moving Waves lp is AWESOME!! Besides Hocus Pocus,there's some beautiful sunshine pop on it as well. Their "In and Out of focus" lp (their 1st I think) is more prog/beat rock and an awesome lp as well!!

I fogot I enjoy what Justin Hayward did with the Moodies, and sitting right on my desk a CD of the late great, Johnny Winter - The Whitest blues player ever made. Love that massive Firebird gitfiddle sound.

I was going to mention Justin Hayward as well,I LOVE the Moodies!! If you don't have it,find Justin Hayward's "London is Behind Me" from 1966 (pre-Moodies). He does some killer folk-guitar work on that song!!

Joe Bonomassa
Gary Moore
Brian Robertson
Dave Meniketti
Steve Clark
Glenn Tipton
Warren de Martini
Stevie Ray Vaughan

Those are just a few. Eddie Van Halen has always been a great player. It has been said if the Blues was a church, Eric Clapton would be God and Joe Bonomassa would be the Pope. It is a shame a lot of great musicians are gone now but at least we still have them on albums, cd's and mp3's.

How about Albert Collins. This weekend I can assure you that I wasn't drunk, I was just drinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back