Weight loss update - I won!

Curious how many calories you eat in your 2 hours out of food jail?
He did burn 78,500 kcal over the course of 66 days. An average diet of 2,500 kcal per day equals 165,000 kcal over 66 days. My guess is that his caloric intake was roughly half of what he used to eat.

He did burn 78,500 kcal over the course of 66 days. An average diet of 2,500 kcal per day equals 165,000 kcal over 66 days. My guess is that his caloric intake was roughly half of what he used to eat.
I didn’t keep good track before (which is the main reason I was where I was) but I would have estimated my daily intake in the low-4k range when including pop, snacks, and all the other garbage.

Total weight lost was a hair over 35lbs. Fat alone made up 22.2, so thinking about it (and since most beers at that time were high-calorie crafts, it may have been almost 5k/day.

I didn’t keep good track before (which is the main reason I was where I was) but I would have estimated my daily intake in the low-4k range when including pop, snacks, and all the other garbage.
The short eating window combined with low carb has resulted in your metabolism being in a catabolic or fat-burning mode and that has a great effect on weight loss. We really should be running our bodies most of the time by burning body fat and use glucose as the main fuel only in high-stress/energy expenditure situations. Everybody already fasts while they sleep. Most people could benefit from having a late first meal and an early second meal. No snacks between the last meal of the day and the first meal of the next day. Those with metabolic disorders need to follow whatever regime works for them because their metabolism isn't working properly. Most of them don't do that.

The short eating window combined with low carb has resulted in your metabolism being in a catabolic or fat-burning mode and that has a great effect on weight loss. We really should be running our bodies most of the time by burning body fat and use glucose as the main fuel only in high-stress/energy expenditure situations. Everybody already fasts while they sleep. Most people could benefit from having a late first meal and an early second meal. No snacks between the last meal of the day and the first meal of the next day. Those with metabolic disorders need to follow whatever regime works for them because their metabolism isn't working properly. Most of them don't do that.
That’s what Gundry builds on, and has study data from 3rd parties that he uses for reference. It made sense to me on paper, and it’s obviously worked quite well for me so far. Here’s to the next 35 lbs gone!

About 18 months ago after some serious health issues unrelated to diet or weight I started with daily 18 hour daily fasting and even today I still stay in the 14 to 18 hr range because i feel better and actually prefer it as my normal. ( 7 days a week)

I was talking to Dr Berg last year and he asked what other benefits I received. Threw him for a loop.
I told him when I take out the trash once a week I now have less than half of what I had before. That was thrilling for me..

Congratulations 🎊

I don’t want to get too deep but I suggest researching 86hr fast. Hubermanlab is one source I have some trust in. Appears to be research indicating reduction of cancer causing cells at a certain window of fasting. Worth looking into.

That’s what Gundry builds on, and has study data from 3rd parties that he uses for reference. It made sense to me on paper, and it’s obviously worked quite well for me so far. Here’s to the next 35 lbs gone!
It's Metabolism 101. Most people don't want to hear it because it requires making sacrifices and because it takes discipline.

I don’t want to get too deep but I suggest researching 86hr fast. Hubermanlab is one source I have some trust in. Appears to be research indicating reduction of cancer causing cells at a certain window of fasting. Worth looking into.
Autophagy occurs once the metabolism has been in a catabolic state for a considerable time. When we eat we activate mTor, an anabolic process which allows us to easily put on weight because excess calories are deposited as body fat. It also allows us to gain muscle mass with exercise because in the anabolic state cell growth is accelerated. A few hours after eating AMPK is activated which is a catabolic process that is in full swing after 16 hours or more of fasting. While in a catabolic state the body derives most if it's required energy from burning body fat. After one to three days of being in a catabolic state autophagy peaks. An occasional two or three-day fast has been proven to be beneficial. Anabolic and catabolic states must be balanced for optimal metabolism. By otipmal I mean in terms of health. There are obviously goals other than optimal health.

You can tell by looking at a person if they spend more time in a catabolic or anabolic state. For example, compare a marathon runner to a powerlifter.

Last edited:
I usually start feeling sick if I don't eat at least every ~10-12hrs. Feel like passing out, bad nausea, to the point of puking, dizzy.

Not sure why. Not a fan of food or eating, but have to throw stuff down the throat hole to keep going. Id be plenty fine with a people version of kibble.

I usually start feeling sick if I don't eat at least every ~10-12hrs. Feel like passing out, bad nausea, to the point of puking, dizzy.
Your symptoms match those of hypoglycemia. Blood sugar levels fluctuate and if they drop they should come back up on their own. I have a friend who needs to drink some OJ when his blood sugar drops too low. If I were you I'd ask my doctor for labs to rule out a metabolic problem. You would not want to pass out or become fuzzy-brained and get thrown with the drunks into the fishtank.

Not sure why. Not a fan of food or eating, but have to throw stuff down the throat hole to keep going. Id be plenty fine with a people version of kibble.
I would be curious as to what your blood glucose level was during one of those episodes.

Reactions: wlk
A little motivation for my wall 😎
IMG_3224.jpeg

Eat to protect your liver and eat to feed your lower gut.

Cut out the simple carbs and sugars, especially the fructose as mentioned.

Eat whole foods, and eat foods that you KNOW have not been processed or at least processed in a healthy way.

I was doing good, cheated a little and plateaued - and got a migraine from some bread the wife bought. I can't blame her*, I ate it. :)

Back to it NOW.

*yeah she should have tased my arse

Last edited:
Back