Voice Mail Spammers

Zee09

$200 Site Donor 2023
What's the new phone trick on spamming your voice mail but the phone never rings...
All you get is a notification of the voice mail itself. Call not a text.
On a new phone currently. My other phone didn't do this. 🤔

What type of phone?

iPhone, under Settings --> Phone --> Silence Unknown Callers, lets you send callers who are not in your contacts list directly to voicemail without ringing or other notification. It might be set On by default. Could that be it?

No android ..nothing set like that.
Everything comes in fine but the scammers. thanks..
I do have a similar option but it Is off...

Last edited:
What's the new phone trick on spamming your voice mail but the phone never rings...
They send you ringless voicemails, you lucky dog! Unless you have provided the sender with permission to send your ringless voicemails they are in violation of the TCPA.

Me no like but it's true...
Must be a Samsung thing..
No, RVMs are in the spammer's toolbox. Illegal without your express consent. Report them to your local government's Consumer Complaint/Affairs Office. If you are lucky the calls are coming from Karachi and can't be stopped.

Report them.

So kind of you to share your plight! Honestly, they are doing you a favor by not ringing you constantly. You could opt out of voicemail.
I can defeat unknown numbers etc with other options as noted by @Variant_S
My mistake was listening to a guy on here that got me the phone and carrier and saved me $20..
He was a oil filter big shot but he did me in on this one ...😃😄

I can defeat unknown numbers etc with other options as noted by @Variant_S
I don't allow calls from unknown callers on my Android.

Settings > Blocked numbers >Block calls from unknown numbers

You should be able to block blocked callers from leaving VMs. However, it may require some kind of spam shield app from your provider. Check the phone settings.

I don't allow calls from unknown callers on my Android.

Settings > Blocked numbers >Block calls from unknown numbers

You should be able to block blocked callers from leaving VMs. However, it may require some kind of spam shield app from your provider. Check the phone settings.
All of my callers are unknown
So I can't go there...business phone...

Nothing much you can do other than call back their number and mess with them. If you have nothing better to do for a few minutes waste their time. No legitimate company will do it if you are on the do not call list. They will eventually get shut down then after a few months start again.

I have an Android phone and occasionally get one of those robocalls that goes directly to voicemail. The Android phone will light up with a red screen when an incoming call is suspected spam and give that alert. I just terminate those calls without answering them and then block the number.

I understand that AI generated voices for spam calls will soon be illegal ? Many if not most of the robocalls are recorded messages already.

My Android doesn't ring if it detects the call could be a spammer. It goes to voicemail, so if it's a valid caller they can leave a message and I'll get back to them when I want to. If it's a scammer, the VM gets deleted.

My Android doesn't ring if it detects the call could be a spammer. It goes to voicemail, so if it's a valid caller they can leave a message and I'll get back to them when I want to. If it's a scammer, the VM gets deleted.
I disabled that on mine...I found it irritating. I had Medicare scammers pounding me to death.. I prefer the instant block method. I'm not even on Medicare...lol

I disabled that on mine...I found it irritating. I had Medicare scammers pounding me to death.. I prefer the instant block method. I'm not even on Medicare...lol
You could probably block the number after it goes to VM if you so desired. But that satisfaction of an instant block can't be outdone. :LOL:

Back